Am I Not Good Enough?

You were out with Oliver Wood in the courtyard. Neither of you actually had and idea of what you were doing. You guys hanging out this afternoon was quite spontaneous, actually.

"Hey y/n! How 'bout get some dinner with me tomorrow?" Cormac McLaggen said as he walks pass you and Oliver. "Then I'll walk you back, and we can..." he trailed off, but smirked and gave you a rather seductive wink.

You just scoffed, rolled you eyes and turned back to Oliver. Cormac walked off, laughing.

"A brainless git, he is." Oliver said as he watched Cormac stalk off. "Just wants to get into everybody's pants. Can you imagine sleeping with McLaggen?"

You stare at Cormac now too. You watched him run his hand through his curly hair. You narrow your eyes a bit, clearly lost in thought.

"Oh, God. You're not actually thinking about it?" Oliver said.

"Oh!" You said, turning back to Oliver, wide-eyed.

"Jesus, y/l/n!" Oliver said.

"Well, the sex part, not so much. I think he's bad at that." You said in a matter-of-fact tone. "But I am quite curious to see what's under all those robes."

Oliver just looked back at you, kind of disgusted.

"Oh, come on, Oliver. Take Malfoy for example." You said, nodding toward the pale, blonde, Slytherin. "I don't think he's good at it either. He's definitely still a virgin. He would probably say he's done it because all his friends has, and wouldn't want to sound like such a loser. And when girls come on him, he'd shove them away and say that they're not good enough for him, but he's really just nervous."

"Careful now," Oliver said. "His father might hear about this."

The two of you laugh, then he nods towards Cedric, "what about him?"

"Cedric? He's probably good at it. I don't think he's still a virgin. Or if he is, he's probably still down to do it."

"And Fred and George?" Oliver continued.

"OH— EW!" You said, clearly disgusted. "Nice of you to put that imagine in my head!"

"What?" Oliver said, giggling a bit as he looked at you.

You sighed, then said, "Fred– ugh– Fred is probably more aggressive, definitely a top. George is probably more soft. Bottom." You still can't shake the thought. For some reason, out of all the boys, thinking of the twins doing it just grosses you out. You will for sure be avoiding them for the rest of the week.

"It's funny how you have these opinions of men in bed." Oliver said. "How about me?"

You just stare at him blankly. Then smile, and say, "You wouldn't want to know."

"Come on! Really?" Oliver said.

You find it weird that Oliver doesn't find this weird.

"Give it up, Oliver. I'm not telling." You're really just shy to let him know what you think, because the truth is, you think Oliver Wood would be fairly great at this type of thing.

You got up, and started walking back inside the castle. He got up too, and followed you.

"Well then would you think I'd be a good kisser, at least?"

Yes. You do.

"Mmm..." is all you managed to say.

"Don't be shy, tell me!"

"Nah." You said with a tease.

"A good boyfriend?"

"How would I know, Oliver?" You said, turning on your heel, facing him now.

He just looked at you, apparently taken aback by your question.

"Well there's only one way to find out." He said jokingly.

"Ugh!" You rolled your eyes, but still smiled. You turned back around, and started walking again, and again, he followed you.

"What? Am I not good enough for you, y/n?" Oliver said. "Would you not date me?"

"I just don't see it happening." You tell him.

"Why not? Because I'm passionate about Quidditch?"

"I like that about you, actually. And for the record, girls are all over you because your the– oh so loved keeper and captain of the Gryffindor team!" You said with a sigh, imitating Oliver's 'fan girls'.

Although you never developed a crush on Oliver, you had to admit, he was damn attractive.

"So why wouldn't you date me?" He pressed on.

You gave up on answering. You just kept walking towards the Great Hall, but he wouldn't stop asking.

"What if I had a deeper voice? What if I skipped the accent?" He said, trying to score an English accent.

"How about if I had a bigger body?" He turned to you, and saw you were raising an eyebrow. "No? Okay, that's fine."

"Oh! I know!" He said, skidding in front of you, stopping you in your tracks. "What if... I got better a better grade on my OWLS?"

You just had to smile. "You know what? Sure. Yeah, fine. You totally got me there." You said, with a hint of sarcasm. You couldn't imagine dating your best friend, but you don't think he'd be so bad either.

"Ah." He said, standing straighter, straightening his tie. "Finally come to your senses. Anyway, I gotta go. Catch up with you later at dinner, okay?"

"Yeah, go away now." You said, and waved goodbye.

You entered the Great Hall, and were greeted by the Weasley twins. You wanted to curse Oliver. You were suddenly reminded of your conversation with him earlier.

"So," said Fred.

"You and Wood, eh?" George continued.

"It's nothing. We were just playing around." You said, walking passed them, hoping to end your conversation.

"If you say so," one of the said.

"We wouldn't be too surprised though." Said the other.

You faced the both of them (which you instantly regretted). "We're just friends."

"Oh we know," said George.

"It's not impossible though," Fred said, and he winked at you.

You gave them both a slightly weirded out face, and said, "bye, boys." Then you turned around and walked away.

You thought to yourself as you made your way to your usual spot at the house table. Me and Oliver? Haha yeah right.