The Kiss

"Hey y/n!" Someone called from behind as you were walking down the corridor. You turned around, and saw it was one of your classmates in your Muggle Studies class.

"Yeah?" You said.

"Congratulations on landing Juliet!" He said.

"What? I didn't sign up!" You told him.

"Nobody did! Professor Burbage assigned all the roles instead." He said, and without waiting for a reply, he ran off.

You stood in shock. Juliet? You couldn't believe you got the role.

You were learning about the famous author, William Shakespeare in Muggle Studies, and there was a very short play of the classic Romeo and Juliet. It was more like a skit, really. Professor Burbage said there's no need to do the full length, as they were only shortly discussing Shakespeare.

You ran to the classroom to see a sheet of parchment taped to the door. It was the list of roles, and students who would play them. And indeed, you saw your name right beside the name Juliet.

Not a second later, you noticed who got to play Romeo. It was none other than your best friend, Oliver Wood.

You had to smile. You can't imagine him acting. Much less one of the leading roles.

You walk to the Great Hall, and see Oliver sitting alone, sulking. You go and sit with him.

"Lead role!" Oliver complained as soon as he saw you, assuming you already knew. "The rehearsals almost coincide with Quidditch practices!"

"Oh, don't be a baby, Oliver." You told him. "We'll make it on time."

"Of course we will. But still..." He pouted.

"I know. Ghastly, isn't it?" You said, taking a bite out of a Cauldron Cupcake.

"Come on," Oliver said, getting up.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"To rehearsal?" Oliver said. "Did you not see the schedule?"

You haven't. You didn't even know there was one. You got up, and followed Oliver to the Muggle Studies classroom. If only you knew there'd be a rehearsal, you would have just waited there.

You and Oliver walk in, and Professor Burbage greeted the two of you, as the rest of the class stared.

"Ah, and here are our two lovebirds. Take a seat." She said.

She distributed the scripts, and preceded to give instructions. You scanned the script, and only then did it hit you. The thought didn't even cross your mind until that moment.

You'd be pretending to be your best friend's lover. To make things worse, you'd have to kiss him.

"Oh." He said quietly beside you. He was also looking at the same page. It must have also just occurred to him.

The professor finished talking, and got everyone to start rehearsing. The class only practiced the first few scenes. The students burst out laughing from time to time.

Percy Weasley had been cast as Juliet's father, so it was really funny for the three of you when Percy had to tell you and Oliver off, and saying that you can't be together. Although Percy tried his best to remain serious, he couldn't help smiling no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

It was also funny when you and Oliver had to pretend to meet for the first time and fall in love. It was a bit awkward at first, to tell the truth.

Rehearsals ended, and Professor Burbage announced when the next rehearsal would be. It was tomorrow, right after Quidditch practice.