"I love you, Oliver" - Part 3

"You know each other?" Oliver asked.

"We were friends at Hogwarts." Penelope told him with a smile.

"Nice to see you again," you said politely.

"You should get some rest, Oliver." Penelope said, walking towards the door. She gave you a smile, and left.

"Hey," you said. You felt unable to speak.

"Hi." He smiled at you.

"You heard her. Better to get some rest." You told him.

"Are you not going home?" He asked.

"No, I'll stay here tonight. I missed you." You said. "Did anything interesting today?"

"Uh, Ms. Clearwater showed me a few pictures, and told me all about our history." He told you. "Apparently, I fought in a war."

"Oh. The Battle of Hogwarts." You said, washing your face in the bathroom.

"Then she showed me Harry Potter." Oliver said. "I saw him in a dream once, but not as the hero the world knows. He was only a little boy, and he was riding a broom, chasing a little golden ball."

You were surprised. "You're remembering."

Oliver looked up at you, clearly surprised too.

"Harry Potter was in your Quidditch team at Hogwarts." You told him. "You were his captain."

"Could you turn off the lights now?" He asked politely. "I kind of want to go to bed now."

"Oh. Sure, yeah." You said. You had hoped to talk to him more, you were so busy lately, you barely had the time to spend with him. But then again, he also must have had a long day.

You greeted him good night and settled yourself in the couch beside Oliver. You wished you could hug him the way you used to, but it was different now. You didn't know what to expect. He'd lost his memories but you somehow hoped he'd remember you out of everyone else.

You thought of Penelope, and how you guys didn't really keep in touch after graduating. Fate was a funny thing.

•••

Two months after Oliver's accident, you were able to get a day off from work. You spent it at the hospital. He was no longer confined at St. Mungo's, but had to return regularly for therapy and cognitive test. Today was one of his scheduled appointments, and one of the only ones you were able to accompany him to.

You did everything to make Oliver feel comfortable. His condition was improving greatly. He was already remembering some childhood memories.

You wanted him to remember you so badly. Things between the two of you have been so different. He kissed you occasionally, and hugged you when he felt like it, but it was not the same.

"I brought you Cauldron Cakes." You said.

"Thanks. But I don't really like Cauldron Cakes." He said nicely.

"Oh, okay. No worries." Cauldron Cakes used to be his favourite. "What would you like then? I'll go out to get some of your medicines. I could buy you something on the way while you wait here for your results."

"Penny went to get us some Pumpkin Pasties. She'll be back any minute." He told you. He has grown close with the healer that helped him recover. Sometimes, it seemed that he was even looking forward to his appointments to be able to see her.

"Okay. I'll be right back." You went over to where he stood to kiss him, but he turned his head, avoiding your kiss.

He turned back to you, evidently regretting what he'd just done. He looked very apologetic.