"I love you, Oliver" - Part 2

"Hey," said Oliver, closing the door behind him. "Good morning!"

You just smiled at him.

"What are you doing?" He asked you.

"Oh, just looking at some of my old diaries." You told him.

"Anything interesting?"

"Oh, well, in fifth year, you practically bullied Percy into asking out..." you trailed off. It was probably best that you didn't mention it.

"Hmm." Oliver said. "Anything else?"

"Just a few predictions." You told him. But you didn't need a diary for the prediction you were just reading. It was something you'd never forget. The night that Oliver...

•••

It was about five years after you graduated from Hogwarts. You and Oliver have been dating for almost seven years. He was playing for Puddlemere United, and you were working at the Daily Prophet.

He'd stop by your apartment every Sunday morning, and you two would spend the whole day together. Life was great.

You woke up extra early. You decided to reread your old diaries. The same fear that engulfed you before engulfed you today. The same guilt of knowing the truth, the same feeling of hopelessness.

This was something you've never talked to anyone about. It was too important to you.

"Are you not feeling well today?" Oliver asked.

"I guess not." You told him.

"Well, that is fine. Perfectly fine." He said, removing his shoes.

He took the diary from your hands, and placed it on the bedside table. He grabbed you from the couch you sat on, and pulled you over to your bed.

The both of you laid together on the soft blankets and fluffy pillows. It was the best feeling in the entire world.

"I hope this makes you feel better." He whispered.

"Maybe it would have if you didn't have tuna for breakfast." You whispered back.

"Okay. Fine. If that's how it's gonna be, you can lay there alone." He said in his normal voice now. He was already standing up. You couldn't hold back your giggles.

"I'm kidding! Im kidding!" You tugged on his arm. "No– I'm sorry. Come back here."

"I don't want to." He said, pretending to be mad at you.

"Please." You continued to pull on his arm. "I need you here."

Without another word, he got back in bed with you. You snuggled up right beside him, and held him close.

You did not know whether it made you feel better or not. Being with him always made your day, but knowing that it would one day all be gone made you feel empty.

"Get some rest," he said. "I don't want you to be whiny the whole day."

You laughed at him. That was pretty accurate. And there you were, savouring every moment.

"I love you, Oliver."

"I love you too, y/n." He kissed your forehead.

Not too long later, you drifted off to sleep in his arms.

•••

You woke up and found that Oliver was no longer by your side. You got up, and walked out of your bedroom.