"I love you, Oliver" - Part 1

You sat up in bed, breathing heavily. You had woken up from a dream. Only, it wasn't a dream. You are a seer. You have the ability to see into the future, just like your Divination professor, Trelawney.

You've seen glimpses into the future before, but this was different. It was so vivid. Perhaps it was just because you never cared about your previous predictions this much. Perhaps it was because it directly involved you this time.

This prediction was about your boyfriend, Oliver Wood. You lay back in bed and hoped that you haven't woken any of your roommates.

You could not go back to sleep. Instead, you recounted the visions you saw in your sleep.

You saw Oliver, crying. With tears of happiness. Gryffindor had won the Quidditch cup.

Then you saw the two of you graduating together.

You met his parents. They were very welcoming and hospitable.

"I got accepted into Puddlemere United!" Oliver shouted with so much joy. He was so happy, he lifted you off the ground, swung you around, and kissed you.

"I love you," you told him. He was holding you so close. You wished that moment lasted forever.

The next thing you knew, you saw Oliver laying on the grassy ground. You were trying to get to him but there were too much people. Panic was swallowing you up as a group of healers went to aid him.

You forced yourself to stop. You couldn't bear it. You wished it was just a dream. But it was all too real. You could not accept your fate and the fate of the man you love.

•••

You got up when the rest of your roommates got up. You barely got any sleep.

"You okay, y/n?" One of them asked.

"Yeah," is all you managed to say.

You got dressed, and headed down to the common room. Oliver was waiting for you.

"Hey, beautiful," he said quietly as you sat beside him. Him calling you beautiful always made you smile.

After a few minutes, the two of you got up and headed over to the Great Hall for breakfast. You made your way to the Gryffindor table, and took a seat with Percy Weasley.

"Good morning," he said. "Nice to see that the two of you didn't stay in and do any funny business."

"Haha," Oliver said, sarcastically.

The three of you continue to eat breakfast and chat. Oliver talked about his new plan for the Quidditch team, Percy complained about how students refuse to listen to him, and you tell them about the annoying Hufflepuff in Potions.

You saw Percy glance over to someone at the Ravenclaw table. You looked, and saw the Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater.

"Hey Percy," you said. "Penelope, what do you think about her?"

"She's a rather kind lady." Percy explained. "Why do you ask?"

"I heard she fancies you." You told him. "Why don't you go over and say hi?"

Oliver was surprised. It was as if he couldn't believe anyone would like Percy.

"And do what? Ask her out?" Percy said, as though he was disgusted by the thought.

"Why not?" Oliver said.

"I can hardly see why it's appropriate. What if she just causes a distraction, and becomes the reason I fail?" Percy protested.

"Fail at what?" You challenged. "Percy, did you think I haven't noticed how you've been looking at her?"

He turned pink. He excused himself, got up, and walked away. Oliver was grinning. He thought it funny that Percy might have a crush.

"Does she really fancy him?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know." You told him. "I just really think that that man needs to get laid."

"You are dangerous." Oliver said. You laughed.

You turned back to your breakfast. You suddenly remembered the visions you saw last night.

Sometimes, being a seer was a curse. You see what happens, but what if you didn't want it to come true? It was cruel. The worst part is knowing that you can't do anything to change the future. But that will never stop you from trying. You love him too much.

"Are you okay?" Oliver asked, with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah." You faked a smile. He knew you weren't telling the truth. But you couldn't tell him.

He just put an arm around you, and planted a kiss on your forehead.

•••

That afternoon, Oliver had convinced Percy to go talk to Penelope. They were on their own, walking off somewhere on campus. You actually think they might work.

You were with Oliver. The two of you chose to hang around the Quidditch pitch.

"Can we go now?" You shouted. Oliver was walking the length of the pitch while you stayed seated on one of the benches. He was planning another strategy for his team.

"Just a minute!" He shouted back.

"It's cold!" You said.

He gave in, and walked back towards you.

"Take my robe then." He took it off, and handed it to you so he could continue walking, but you didn't take it.

"I don't want that." You told him. "It wont work."

"What do you mean it wont work?"

"I would still be cold."

"What, do you want me to conjure more coats?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No." You pouted.

"Well what do you want?"

"You." He smiled faintly. He opened his arms, you stood up and ran to him.

He put his robes over you, wrapped you in his arms, and rested his chin on your head. He even swayed you slightly.

"Are you warm enough yet?"

"No," you joked. "Don't let me go."

"Wouldn't dream of it." He said, and held you a bit tighter.

You looked up, and your eyes met his. You tiptoed, and placed your lips gently on his.

"I love you, Oliver." You said softly. You truly did.

"I love you too. Come on, lets get you inside." He said, and led you back to the common room with his arm placed over your shoulders.