When The Darkness Comes

When Hayley had awoken again it was with a startled scream and a her hand reaching at her throat. It was dark outside and she felt something touch her.

She began to squirm and ended up falling off whatever furniture she was on. Then the light was on and she saw Klaus at their room door.

Hayley looked and saw that she had fallen off their bed. "What happened? Where are Hope and Henrik? Hayley calm down."

Klaus approached her slowly until he was by her side. She was panting slightly, and her hair was disheveled. "Hayley listen to me. You woke up in the middle of the night, and you began throwing up a black substance.

You were in the bathroom covered in all that black stuff, and you were mumbling about something.

Where are they Klaus?" Hayley asked and he gave her a smile. After we called Bonnie, we made sure the school was protected. We'll be picking them up tomorrow. Kkaus we need to pick them up now. Do you understand?

Hayley tell me about the nightmare. Maybe Freya can-,"

"Fuck the nightmare, Klaus! Our children are in danger!" Hayley said and stood running towards their closet.

"Hayley what are you talking about? That smoke that came from me was a spirit. I can feel it. It's dark and it wants something from me. I don't know what but it does and it will do anything to get it.

Why you? I don't know. It just called me mother, and said I trapped it for 1000 years." Hayley said stripping and pulling on a pair of jeans and a red shirt.

She put on her gym shoes, and tied her hair up.

"It has something to do with our power Klaus. Whatever it is, I don't want the kids to get caught up in it.

I'm going to find Freya. You go and pick up the kids. Call Alaric and let him know what's going on."

Hayley pulled on her jacket, and turned seeing Klaus was ready as well.

"And where will you be going? I'm going to figure out what this thing wants. Don't you already know? No. It just told me it wanted to kill all those I love.

And I've lost too many already. I'm not loosing anymore."

[At The Boarding House]

Klaus walked through the doors and went straight to Alaric's office. He was waiting outside. "Klaus, I got your message. The kids are in their rooms packing.

Where's Hayley? She's finding more out about this ordeal with Freya.

Do you have any ideas about what's going on? No. I haven't heard of this creature. It had no name but Hayley assured me, it was not friendly.

Dad?"

Klaus turned to see Henrik and Hope walking towards him in confusion and sleepiness. "I need you both to come home now. Dad, it's 6 in the morning what could be more important than school?

You." Klaus said and they both sprang awake. "What are you talking about? You're mother will explain when she calls you." Klaus turned and the twins looked at each other before following along.

Then, Hope's phone rang. It was their mother FaceTiming. "Mom? What's wrong? Hope. Thank God you answered. What's going on? I want you to listen to me carefully. Remember what I told you the night before the party?

Yeah, why? Because you both are in danger. The magic you possess make you both targets.

And right now, a dark spirit connected to all three of us is out to kill us. What?" Hope said and Hayley nodded.

"Is your father near? Yeah. Dad, it's mom. She has to talk to you." Hope gave Klaus the phone and he help it up to his face as they got in the car.

"What is it, Little Wolf? Klaus, I got a clue. It's connected to the goddess. I think that-,"

Hayley's voice stopped, and Klaus watched as she paused. An unusual look was on her face. "Hayley?" Then he watched as Hayley crumbled to the floor, and he called for her.

"Hayley!" Then the phone hung up. "Dad what happened to mom? I don't know. I'm calling Freya."

He handed Hope her phone before calling Freya. "Freya. Where's Hayley? She's right in front of me. I don't know what's wrong."

Freya was silent for a few seconds before she gasped.

"Freya, what is it?

Hayley's slipped into a coma."