Chapter Twenty-One: Aurora Sterling

The poor guy seems genuinely distressed at the idea of going with Sav and Reign but I'm sure he'll be alright, at least I hope he will be. "Are you okay?" I whisper when everyone else is distracted by whatever they're doing, some of them are playing pool, others are watching the TV and the rest have most likely gone to bed.

Even Bear and Lexie - the ones who are normally the last to go to bed - have gone to their newly renovated apartment on top of the compound. They've been building it for close to a year now but every time they're about to move in there's another problem. It's a gorgeous three bedroom apartment for the two of them to grow into as the President is expected to live on site so that his men can always access him.

"I'm okay, how are you?" He whispers back to me, so close that his lips press against my ear and I fight the urge to shiver. I just shrug and snuggle further into him, it's weird but after sleeping on him last night I feel a lot closer to him and I don't really want to be away from him. Not like I have a choice though, I start school in four days.

I chose a different school to my last one as I don't want anything to do with the teachers or the students that I had terrible experiences with. I just want to get in, get out and never have to step foot into another school hallway again. "Are you looking forward to going back to school?" I pout up at him with big eyes which makes him smile in response. "I guess that's a no." He strokes my hair back and kisses my forehead with the same smile on his face.

"It's a definite no, I'm gonna be so old and I'm actually going to turn twenty in high school. They're gonna hate me and I'm not gonna make any friends." I grumble, relishing in the heat of his hand as it brushes comforting circles on my back.

"If that's what happens then they're stupid and they're missing out." I nod in agreement, I am awesome and I deserve friends that are also awesome.

After another hour or so I untangle myself from Breaker's grip, smiling as he pouts slightly up at me. "I have to go home." I tell him and he grumbles before heaving himself off the armchair, I give him a look of confusion but follow out behind him not wanting to be left in the lounge filled with people. "What are you doing?"

We get outside and I put two and two together, he's driving me home. "Oh. B, you don't have to. I was just gonna call an UBER." He rests against the bike and drags me closer to him by my waist.

"I will take you anywhere you want, whenever you want. You don't need to keep worrying about that."

"I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you." I whisper softly, looking down at my hands that are fiddling with his shirt. I feel his chest rise sharply and I gain the courage to flicker my eyes up to meet his.

"I made a promise to you, Rory. Whatever you need, I'll provide. No matter what." I almost burst into tears at the sincerity and warmth in his eyes and voice. What did I do to deserve this man? I give him a watery smile and wrap my arms around his neck so I can bury my face in the crook of it. "Come on, sweetheart. Let's get you home."

I reluctantly unwrap myself from him only to climb onto the bike and hug him again. When we pull up outside my apartment, he gets off the bike and follows me into the building. "Are you staying?" I ask as I unlock my door, hoping he says yes. I always feel safe and calm when he's here, I always want him around.

"I can't, I have to leave early tomorrow with Sav and Reign. Last time I was supposed to do that, I woke up late." I laugh softly, remembering him basically unconscious this morning despite how many times the phone went off. It was getting annoying but I didn't want to touch his phone without him saying it's okay.

"Be safe." I tell him, gently kissing his cheek before entering my apartment, my heart hurting as I close the door behind me.

--------