Chapter Thirty-Six: Adrian Calder

I groan heavily as I come to, a heavy knot resting in the back of my head and the light making my eyes ache. I manage to force myself to sit up and turn my head to look at the rest of the room. I'm in the lounge and it looks like nothing has happened, everyone is quite happily sat on the couches or on the floor eating ice cream.

The only reminder of the ordeal being the pain in my head. Did I just get black out drunk and imagine the whole thing? Just as I'm about to fall into a constant loop of daydreams about what could've happened, Romeo notices my consciousness and cheers. "Fucking hell, you've been out for hours."

I look at Ollie, who is happily snoozing on Romeo's collarbone before searching the room for Aurora. I begin to panic when I fail to find her. "Relax, man, she's in the garden with Mac." I relax back onto the couch, feeling the sting behind my eyes as I close them.

I want to know what happened but I'm tired and can't be fucked to ask. I'm sure it'll be talked about tomorrow in Church so I'll find out whenever. I hated the feeling, seeing Aurora with a bruise on her face and the way she looked when Riot told us his plans for me.

Aurora finds her way back inside about an hour later, heading straight over to me with a smile on her face. "Took you long enough, you can stay conscious when shot but not when hit with a whiskey bottle? I'm disappoint-" Her squeal cuts her off as I tug her onto my lap, surprising her.

"Your woman saved the day today, Breaker." Bear states and I look up at her in surprise as her cheeks turn pink in embarrassment.

"It was a team effort." She mumbles back, snuggling closer to me to try and hide from everyone's eyes on us.

"Bullshit, she even knocked out Riot." Romeo hypes her up and I can feel her trying to melt into me, she's probably wishing a black hole would suck her up right now. She's terrible when the attention is on her.

----------

It's been a few weeks since the attack, all of the bikers from that chapter have been interrogated and tortured - a few flipped and are now prospects, the rest are buried somewhere in Mexican territory.

We spoke to the forefathers a few days after - where all the 'retired' bikers from Riders of Apollo country wide go - and they have negotiated with the other MCs in the area and settled for over 5 million for all of the land and properties. We got 50% of that because we dealt with the problem, the other 50% is spread out amongst the other chapters.

I live with Aurora in the flat above the café and my house is staying empty for awhile. I prefer it here for now anyway and so does Rory. Currently, I'm sitting on the couch reading a book - Rory still refuses to have a TV in here, another reason she doesn't want to move to mine because I have a TV in basically every room - and Rory is out with the girls.

They wouldn't tell me where they were going or what they were doing, just winked at me simultaneously, which freaked me out by the way, and then disappeared with my woman. They've been gone for almost five hours now and it's almost eleven o'clock at night. "I'm home!"

Aurora walks into the apartment alone, thankfully, and heads over to me. She drops onto my lap, straddling me with a beaming smile on her face. I look up at her before kissing her slowly, enjoying the feeling as she curves into me, melting under my touch. "I have a surprise for you." She whispers, dragging her forefinger across my jawline.

"Hmm? And what would that be?" I slowly pull down the front of her top with my fingertips, brushing the curve of her breast and catching the red marks I left yesterday kissing the lace of her bra.

She takes my hand and pushes it downwards, I think I know where it's going until she presses it onto her thigh. My brain computes that there is a weird plastic on it even with all the lust clouding my thought process and I manage to look down. "It's official." She coos, her hands caressing my chest while I stare at the tattoo.