The Wanderer's Blues - Waltz For Zizi(Blues Cover)

An ambush, how surprising. Henry always knew they were just waiting for him to stumble to plunge a knife on his back, like Caesar. But he never expected Murray to be his Brutus.

"I assure you that this was not planned, Mr. White," commented Tomas, as if reading Henry's mind. "It's merely a coincidence. A fortunate coincidence, but a coincidence nonetheless."

Henry tried to say something snarky to bring him down, as he often did, but what came out of his mouth was a blabbering string of guttural sounds and spit. Everyone looked at him with disgust.

Murray stepped forward to intervene by grabbing Henry by the shoulders. "This guy's tripping. He shot pure DayDream, no solution. Nothing you say's gonna get through to him."

The room burst into babble and whispers, with the occasional pointing and laughing from bystanders. If he were sober, it would've taken him more than that to bring Henry down — but Daydream is a cruel mistress. The laughs seemed like far away echoes that came from every direction. He felt looked at from everywhere at once, which, to be fair, he was. Judged, even. It didn't so much trigger his panic as it jumpstarted it.

He closed his eyes, trying to gather his scattered mind for a brief moment of concentration and clarity, to no avail. The image of giant gods taking pity on him made him feel naked and insecure. Henry White wasn't in control.

"I..am...not...tripping," he said, slowly and thoroughly, trying with all his light to push the words past his lips.

Murray took a small bottle from his pocket, placing it on the table with a loud thud. "My wife found this in his room," sneered Murray. "Care to explain that, muchacho?"

A sober Henry would have taken the consequences of his actions like a man, trying to spin the situation in his favor. Drugged Henry, however, was as smart as a wet slipper, which means he flip-flopped around ineffectively.

"Not mine, n-n-no," he stuttered. Henry realized that he was shaking — not out of fear, but out of crashing down. His DayDream was coming to an end. One of his ears started ringing in a high pitch, while the other clogged as if the room had suddenly changed in pressure. He felt every vein in his head pulse with every heartbeat, which was decreasing with every second. Cold sweat ran down his back down to his knees which were threatening to buckle down on him.

Murray tightened his grip on Henry while sporting a wide grin from ear to ear. He was enjoying this more than he should. "Oh, wanna bet? Describe to me the color of silence."

Henry squirmed in pain as an electric shock ran from the base of his skull to the last vertebrae of his back. The kick was enough to send him tumbling down to the floor. He clutched his head in agony, releasing a piercing wail that made the glass walls of the room vibrate. Everyone covered their ears, except for Tomas. His gaze was still pinned on the shadow of the man that was once the proud Henry White.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

"This is going to be easy then," said Tomas. "Sit down, White."

It took a while for Henry to understand that he was addressed. His consciousness was still trying to scramble back together after that blow. It took him a few seconds to even attempt to stand up, unsuccessfully. After a few tries, Murray and William had to raise him to a chair. Henry's head lolled from one side to the other, with his unfocused eyes attempting to regain some kind of fixture.

DayDream hangover has been described as trying to paint with a bucket of water and a spark-plug, which means that it's futile, and way more dangerous than it seems. Your senses get scrambled as your conscious and subconscious fight for control, with means your world gets turned upside down, not to mention other side effects like nausea, impotence, amnesia, and permanent nerve damage.