Chapter One

Hyacinth woke up to a loud horn being blown. She looked around her cozy house. Mama and Dada were probably already at the meeting.

Flying there, she realised that NightWings would be delivering today's message. She spotted her mother and father and cuddled up to them.

'Hello, Hyacinth.' Gecko, her father said happily. But there was a few splotches of grey in his face he could not hide with a smile. 'Hi, Dada. Hi, Mama.' Her mother, Orchid, just smiled. A kind, loving, noble smile.

The NightWings started speaking. 'Good morning, RainWings and NightWings. I am Mightystrike, your new queen.'

The RainWings and some NightWings looked at eachother with puzzled expressions.

'Queen Iridescence is dead. Defeated by yours truly. Now, I must make some new rules.'

Orchid guarded Hyacinth with a wing.

'You may be confused, but I feel you. I'll explain now.' Mightystrike said.

'The first rule is: All adult RainWings will be taken to... a special place I know.'

Hyacinth gasped. 'What?' Her parents looked worried too.

'Now, dragonets will be specially trained. If they can just come with me...' A NightWing leaped out and grabbed Hyacinth by her wings. 'No! Mama! Papa! Orchid! Gecko!' Orchid tackled the NightWing holding Hyacinth. Hissing and biting, the NightWing held Orchid's wings down.

'This one will need a... special treatment.' Mightystrike said viciously. They spat a sleep dart onto Orchid and she crumpled to the floor. 'Dad...' Hyacinth said, pressing herself closer to Gecko's chest. 'I love you, Hyacinth.' Gecko said. 'Here.' A silver bracelet was in his claws. 'To remind you of us.'

Then Hyacinth felt a sharp pain in her neck and the world went black.