XII

act one.
XII

"𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝒾𝒹"

It had been a few weeks since Valentine's day. Mike and Eugenia still were going out. It made Regulus feel weird. He didn't know what the hell was happening with him. It was also almost Eugenia's birthday, only a week away and she would turn 15. On the other hand, Regulus's birthday was a bit after hers, September 16th, although he was born 1960, not 1961 like her.

He was walking towards his defense against the dark arts class, when he heard sniffs. He would have care less, but he had a gut feeling he needed to go. He turned right and there he saw her, Eugenia curdled into a ball in a lone classroom. He didn't know what to do, she was crying silently into her arms. He slowly got closer to her and sat beside her. "Go away" she said with a broken voice. "Eugenia..." mumbled Regulus. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. "I owe you one" he added. "If you're only here because of commitment, then fuck off" she said. "What? No! I- no it isn't commitment" he said. "I- just want to see if I can help you..." he mumbled.

There was silence for a while, and then she talked. "He cheated on me" she declared. "I was going to meet him, and there he was, lips planted in some Ravenclaw girl" she sniffed. "How humiliating" she finished. If Regulus sucked at something, was consolation. He was terrible at that, and had no idea what to tell her.

There was silence again, and she felt an arm slowly go around her, and then she felt him pulling her close to him. As she sniffed, she smelled the soft scent of salt water and freshness, making her calm a bit. "He's the one who should be humiliated, not you" he began. "He's the one who should be crying because he lost someone like you" he finished. She sniffed and cleared her tears, looking at him. "You really think that?" she asked with her green eyes standing out because of crying. "Yeah, I really think that" he admitted. "I know we fight all the time, but you know, it's fun" he chuckled. "Glad to hear that" she smiled a bit. "Now come, we have DADA" he said. He felt her tense a bit. "I don't want to go, I look like a mess" she said. "I don't want anyone knowing I cried" she declared. Regulus sighted. "Fine then, let's stay, it's the last class of the day so it's fine" He said sitting next to her again.

She felt safe, sitting next to Regulus. It was a weird feeling. She had just been cheated on by someone she though she wanted, but someone, with Regulus at her side, it didn't hurt. As rough as it sounds, she was only crying because she was humiliated.

"Thank you Reg" she murmured.

499 words

499 words.
11-12-2020.