Romanian Slip Up (buckyXreader)

- WARNINGS : none maybe a little teasing but nothing serious

- 1546 words

- Bucky x female reader

You felt the sun creep through your windows as the warmth beamed down on your face. You grunted turning over in bed facing away from the window. You have never been a morning person and were about to fall back into a peaceful sleep when your alarm went off. You groaned a lot louder this time and scooted in your bed to reach for it and turn it off. When you picked it up you realized the alarm you had set was named, 'run'. "Oh shit, I forgot," you said as you lazily climbed out of bed. You had promised Steve to go running with him, Sam, and Bucky. You didn't want to go but Cap practically begged you, and you figured it wouldn't be the worst thing, forgetting they ran like at the crack of dawn. You stood up and walked to your bathroom, you brushed your teeth and washed your face before slipping on some leggings and a sports bra. You put your hair up in a high ponytail before slowly walking out of your room.

Once you got to the kitchen you realized Steve was in there. "Good morning y/n!" "How can you be so fucking chipper this early in the morning Rogers?" "First off language and second I don't know but I take it you're not a morning person?" "You got that right Sherlock Holmes," you grinned before grabbing a banana and a protein bar from the counter to munch on before the run. "Hey, that was mine!" Steve tried to grab the protein bar out of your hand but you munched down on it before he could take it. "Wanna share captain?" You giggled in a flirtatious tone. Cap laughed and grabbed another bar out of the cupboard. "I think you would rather share with someone else y/n," you blushed. Steve was your best friend and he was the only one who knew about your little crush on the one and only James Buchanan Barnes. He had told you to tell him how you feel, considering Bucky had told him he likes you as well but you shut that down instantly. You were filling up your water bottle when Sam and Bucky came into the kitchen. "Guys where have you been? You were supposed to be here 10 minutes ago for the run." "Oh come on punk give it a rest. You do know you are like one of the only people here who likes getting up at the crack of dawn on the weekend right?" Bucky chuckled. "Good morning y/n," Sam said, noticing you sitting on the counter behind Steve. "Hey Sam, hey Bucky," you said as you hopped off the counter. "Morning doll," Bucky said to you, giving you a warm smile, you blushed a little. "Okay guys let go on the run before it gets too hot outside" Steve wined and you all followed him out of the compound.

-----  time skip to after the run  -----

You had to admit the run was kinda nice, it was perfect weather today so you weren't too upset when Steve made y'all do an extra mile. You being a trained assassin don't mind the extra mile, especially when it came down to making fun of Sam barely being able to make it through half of it. You, Bucky, and Cap teased him on the way back to the compound. When y'all got inside you headed up to your room to take a shower. You quickly hopped in, the water feeling great on your sweaty skin washing it all off. While you were showering though your mind began to wander to the one and only brown hair super-soldier. The grey sweatpants he wore today may have been positioned a little low, along with the tight-fitting tank top that showed off every single one of his muscles. The way that his muscles would flex while he ran you started blushing at the thought of it. "SHIT." Cold water hitting your back brought you back to reality and realized you may have been daydreaming a little too long. You finished in the shower and hopped out, you dried off and put on some sweatpants that you stole from Bucky a while ago along with a sports bra, you were still kinda hot from the run and didn't want to put a shirt on yet. You were drying your hair with your towel when your stomach growled. You walked out of your room to smell bacon and eggs as you grew more hungry by the second.

You walked into the kitchen expecting to find Steve making breakfast but instead you found Bucky. You were surprised, you didn't know he could cook. You stood leaning against the archway of the hall watching him cook. "It's rude to stare doll," Bucky chuckled as you jumped a little. "How did-" "Super soldier remember, I could hear your footsteps." "Oh yeah," you said walking into the kitchen and hopping on the island.

You figured Bucky had taken a shower as well considering his hair looked a little damp and he had a pair of black sweatpants and a red skin-tight tank top on. You bit your lip a little staring at his back 'damn that man is hot'. He turned around to see you staring and biting your lip which he tried not to let get to him. He handed you a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast. "Thanks, sarge," You said before digging into the breakfast. You swear you heard a little growl after you said sarge, but you brushed it off.

Bucky made himself a plate, then he looked over at you on the counter. You looked so cute with your hair still kinda wet and some baggy sweatpants that he was certain were the pair he lost a couple of months ago along with the black sports bra that you wore. "You know it's rude to stare sarge." Bucky jumped a little and chuckled at your statement. He looked down at his plate and muttered something he didn't think you would be able to understand. "Dacă ai ști că îmi place de tine." (meaning: if only you knew that I liked you). You stiffened at his statement, you spoke Romanian but he didn't know that. You tried to process what he just said, holy shit Bucky likes me back. You tried to calm down and act natural and thought of a clever way to respond, "dacă ai ști că și mie mi-a plăcut." (meaning: if only you knew I liked you too). Bucky looked up from his plate wide-eyed and stiff. "I-I didn't know you-could speak Romanian..." Bucky's words stumble out of his mouth. "There's a lot you don't know about me, sarge." There it was again the little growl you heard earlier from calling him that nickname. In a second Bucky had set his plate down and was in between your legs gently grabbing your chin with his flesh hand. You had set your plate down beside you and stared into Bucky's eyes and saw admiration, lust and what you hoped was a little bit of love. "We could always change that kitten," Bucky growled out still gently holding your face. You whimpered a little at the nickname before you could stop yourself, Bucky smirked. "What do you have in mind?" You whimpered out in a quiet voice not completely trusting your voice at the moment. Bucky still gently holding your face brought his mouth to your ear, his breath sending shivers down your spine, "Be ready at 7 doll." He pulled away and looked at you before grabbing one of your hands and kissing the top of it. You blushed a dark crimson and giggled "Okay sarge!" "Doll can you wait until after the date to tease me like that?" "Oh so that's why I heard you growl at the name, it turned you on," you smirked. Bucky leaned up to your other ear for a second whispering "Yes babydoll it does, but now I also know that the nickname kitten turns you on," you whimpered a little as he pulled back. You hear someone clear their throats behind you.

You both look to see Steve and Sam standing in the doorway. "în cele din urma,"  (meaning: finally) Steve sighed. You both looked at Steve with wide eyes. "Since when do you know Romanian punk?" Bucky chuckled. "Ever since I joined S.H.I.E.L.D and had to learn some of it for a mission," Steve said as he walked over to make himself a plate for breakfast. Sam stood in the doorway shocked at the whole situation but still smirking when he saw that Bucky was still standing in between your legs. Bucky realized where he was still standing, kissed you on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen. "Șapte!" (meaning: seven) He shouted before he left the room. You were still sitting on the counter and giggled. "Ti-am spus." (meaning: told you) Steve said with a smirk on his face. "Oh dracu '" (meaning: oh fuck off) you giggle at Steve. "Hey, guys can we speak English, please? I can't understand anything y'all are saying" Sam whined. You and Steve turn to him then back to each other and burst out laughing.