Anxiety Attack (buckyXreader+steve)

-WARNINGS: mentions of anxiety and anxiety attacks, a tiny bit of PDA

-1011 words

- Bucky x female reader + Steve

You were Steve's sister, you had gone through the serum experiment so you were a super-soldier just like him and were frozen just like him. You now both were avengers and had lived in the stark tower for a while now, but now lived in the compound. About two years ago the winter soldier thing happened and we had just gotten Bucky back. For about a year you two have been dating. You and Bucky had a relationship before he fell off the train and after Shuri helped Bucky get hydra out of his head y'all picked up your relationship where it had left off. Everything was going great. You loved Bucky with all your heart and helped him when he needed it, and he did the same for you. You have struggled with anxiety all your life even back before the serum and the only people able to calm you down during an anxiety attack are Steve, Bucky, and sometimes Natasha.

You woke up and rolled over in your bed to look at the clock it read 8 am, you groaned. You had stayed up until probably 3 am the previous night worried about Bucky. He had gone on a mission a few days ago and was supposed to be back yesterday. You knew he could handle himself but you still worried about him, which wasn't the best thing for your anxiety. Your stomach growled and decided to get up and get something to eat, once you got up out of bed you went to the kitchen.

You had barely gotten through the meal, your mind kept going back to Bucky no matter what you tried. You had just finished eating and you were making yourself a glass of water, you went to leave the kitchen and head back to your room. You were about halfway to the halfway when your hands started to shake and your breathing started staggering. "No not here," you whimpered, your heart rate started to increase. 'He's probably hurt or worse.' Your mind was racing with all the bad things that could have happened to Bucky. You drop your water glass, it shatters on the floor, water spilling as you drop to your knees with your hands tangling in the roots of your hair, you now sobbing. "Ms y/n, you seem to be suffering from an anxiety attack," you hear F.R.I.D.A.Y. say through your sobs. "N-need S-S-Steve" you manage to stutter out. "He's been alerted and is on his way" F.R.I.D.A.Y. informed you.

Next thing you know your mind is now drowning in the horrible thoughts of what could have happened to Bucky, then picturing him falling off the train. You're too busy drowning in your thoughts, you don't hear the elevator ding or Steve rush over to you. "Hey, y/n is okay I've got you, focus on your breathing match it with mine." You hear Steve say calmly as he takes your hands out of your hair and wraps his arms around you. "Shhh, Bucky is gonna be okay." Steve already knew what was wrong considering he was starting to get a little worried about his best friend as well. "W-wh-what if he doesn't come back?" You manage to get out in between sobs your head buried in Steve's chest. "He will y/n I promise, he's got too big of a reason not to come back," Steve whispers in your ear. You start to calm down a little, "What do you mean Steve?" You whisper into his chest. Steve pulls back a little so he can look at your face. "You y/n, he's not going to leave when he has to get back to you. Do you know how many times I have to listen to that jerk talk about how much he loves you and that he is never going to leave you no matter what?" You look at him a little confused but giggle a little through sniffles.

Your breathing starts to return to normal as you hear the elevator ding. Both you and Steve look over and see the brown-haired super soldier walkout. You get up immediately, "BUCKY!" You scream as you run and jump on to him. He catches you with ease and you wrap yourself around him like a koala. "Hey doll, you okay your eyes are red?" Bucky asks you after he gives you a quick kiss. "I just got over an anxiety attack, but I'm okay now Steve helped plus your back" you smiled at him. That's when he notices Steve in the room walking up to the two of them. "What happened doll?" he asks quietly, "I got worried cause you were supposed to be back yesterday. I started drowning in the thoughts of what could have happened to you then my brain saw the image of you falling off the train again." You say quietly as you hug him very tightly again, a tear runs down your cheek. "Hey, I'm sorry I wasn't back on time, the mission took longer than expected and doll. I promise I will always come back to you," he said sweetly as he put you down and wiped the tear off your face. "Told you," you heard Steve giggle from behind you. "Really punk you told her" Bucky laughed a little. Steve gives you a quick hug as well as giving Bucky one and heads back down to the training room.

"Hey, doll?" "Yeah, Bucky?" "What do you say since you had another attack and I had a long-ass mission to go cuddle and watch a movie?" "I'd love that Buck." You both walk into your shared room. You crawl on the bed while Bucky changes out of his suit and climbs into bed with you. You curl up next to him as he puts his arm around you and pulls you close. You grab the remote and turn on y'alls favorite movie. You start to feel tiredness overcome you from not sleeping well last night and you peacefully drift off to sleep in Bucky's arms knowing he is safe.