Chapter 184: Acute Pain

According to the Xuan Kingdom's laws, anyone who broke into the Imperial Palace to steal would face a capital offence. Once they were imprisoned and all the evidence corroborated, they would be decapitated in less than ten days with no leeway for discussion.

No one believed that a weak woman like Feng Luodi, who had no authority to enter the Imperial Palace at will, could actually barge through the tightly guarded Imperial Palace's warehouse and take Resonance away.

But it just so happened that there were both the testimony of a witness and material evidence. The witness claimed to have seen Feng Luodi entering the Imperial Palace by using the waist token the Emperor had specially rewarded to Qi Jianqiu. Claiming that she looked extremely nervous all the way to the warehouse. As for the material evidence, the zither that was originally supposed to lie in the warehouse was now in Feng Luodi's hands. She was even caught red-handed by the Imperial Army Commander Du. It was a death warrant for Feng Luodi.

This was a trap, a trap targeted at Situ.

The First Prince understood that no matter how many people plead for leniency and ferret out the loopholes, the Emperor would be bent on not exonerating Feng Luodi from the capital offence. The Emperor was despicable enough to use a frail woman to deal with Situ. If Situ chose to give Feng Luodi up this time, he would naturally be pardoned for the time being and the Emperor would in turn use another method to deal with him. If Situ had deep feelings for her, there was only one way to rescue Feng Luodi, which was to break into prison and take his beloved woman away.

This was precisely what the Emperor wanted. The First Prince sighed lightly and looked at the people who had flocked together. No matter how hard he tried, he was unable to bring himself to dissuade Situ. Stemming from his selfish motives, he'd initially hoped for Situ to leave Feng Luodi be, but he knew that once he said that out loud, many officials supporting him would immediately change sides.

For instance, the support of the bitter-looking Chamberlain Feng, and the Imperial Treasurer, Gan Qingjia, who had a slight worried and pensive look on his face.

Situ sat at the main seat alone. A storm was brewing in the recesses of his eyes while his expression was filled with unbridled killing intent. The covert guards, who were present at the scene, suddenly recalled the expression Situ had on his face when he left the residence earlier, and they involuntarily shivered. They hadn't seen such a callous and bloodthirsty look on their general's face for many years already. Regardless of what decision their general would make this time, they would pledge their lives and follow him.

As soon as Situ thought about how Feng Luodi was placed in that dark, damp court prison which was filled with savage convicts culpable of the most heinous crimes, he was unable to sit still. He was fretting about whether his beloved woman had suffered from torture, whether she was afraid and whether she was terrified. Damn it! How he wished that he was beside her now.

The chair's armrest had long been crushed into pieces by Situ. Just as Situ was about to stand up and walk outside aggressively, Chamberlain Feng suddenly spoke, "Your Grace, please do not act recklessly. It seems that there isn't any way to turn this situation around this time but still, let me give it a try."

Chamberlain Feng was after all Situ's future father-in-law and the woman incarcerated in the court prison was also his daughter. Even if he was grieved in his heart, he still had to appear calm, like he was taking the big picture into consideration, on the surface. Thus, he was hoping that Situ would do the same.

"I will immediately set off to Yu Zhang and travel using the fastest horse. The journey there and back will only need five days. Your Grace, please wait some more and don't go to the court prison during this period."