Chapter 1

Shuichi's POV:
"This will be fun Saihara! I promise! I-I'll try my best to stay by your side!"

Wow, how reassuring of you kaede, but I trust her with my life. I might have to reconsider that trust for her though.

I sigh smiling a tab bit. I grab my backpack and head to the car. I wore black ripped jeans with a navy blue hoodie and cap along with striped black and grey socks. Miu, Kaede's other best friend is throwing a party Saturday night, which unfortunately is today. The whole school was invited, and since Miu was pretty popular I'm pretty sure at least half or more of the school will be there. I, myself aren't much of a party person. I would rather stay home and read, or work on profiles for my uncles agency, but instead I'm here. On my way to a party with people I know nothing about, and are terrified of. School is starting next week so might as well....?

I sit in the front seat placing my bag down in between my legs and looked out the window after closing the door.

It's nice out. I love the dark, many might think I'm crazy, but I would rather be in a Dark room rather then a room full of light.

I hear the left door open then kaede sitting down in the drivers seat.
"You ready for nothing but fun Saihara?!"
"I would rather be in my room reading during a thunderstorm."
I groan
"Hm? Psh wow anyways, can you check the weather?"
I nod then I took out my phone to check the weather status.

There's a high chance of it storming tonight? Thunder including. Now I really wish I was in bed reading a good mystery novel and wait for the sweet roars of thunder.

"Uh, it's just gonna be a raining later maybe even so thunder."
"Oh, okay. It doesn't really matter anyways we're still going."

I look at her and nodded. I look down at my phone then placed it back into my pocket. I rested against the chair closing my eyes. The hard rock cushion supporting my head was nothing compared to my cloud like pillows on my bed. The car ride there was brief. She lived close by so fortunate for them two. I guess.
"we're here!"
I jolted up a bit hearing her yell. I look over.
"Hey, no need to yell."
"Oh, my bad"
She chuckled a bit. I roll my eyes then looked at the cars and the mansion like house.
Damn this house is huge!
I look at all the cars parked in the driveway and on the curves. I hated this already. You could say the whole school was there pretty much.
"can I just wait in the car..?"
I said just wanting to sleep in the car but if I do that I might just take my wallet out of my pocket and yell free money
"Ofc not! You're coming with! I'm not just gonna leave you here alone!"
I groan.
"We're gonna get so wasted tonight."
I ignore what she said already knowing what I've got myself into coming here
"Let's go have fun!"
She ran out. I hesitantly got out of the car. Kaede had already left me outside even though she 'promised' not to leave me. I sigh then began to walk towards the door my hands in my hoodies pocket. Thoughts raced through my mind: regret, loneliness, panic, guilt for some reason? Why did she have to leave me so soon is that how much I mean to her..?
While thoughts were rushing through my mind I get knocked down by someone running straight into me. My hat few off as I landed face first but my hands caught my fall..
"I'm so sor! Agh!"
The one that knocked me down was getting pulled away by what looked like a...child? No, they're just small.
"Are you okay?! Sorry my green avocado friend over here pushed u over. Let me help you up!"
I didn't look up. I felt irritated and embarrassment. I sigh and clench my scratched up hands. They stung. I rubbed them against my black jeans. I looked around for my cap.
There!
Before I could reach for it a man with green fluffy hair bent over and picked it up.
W-wait no! Their gonna throw it around!
I quickly leap towards him to grab my cap back but he jolts back then caught me before I could hit the ground, again... we stare at each other, for a while?
I quickly push back catching him by surprise and snatch my cap away then ran away and into the house
??? POV:
...Sh-she was so pretty. Her dazzling faded golden eyes. Her porcelain pale skin. Her long eyelashes.

My thoughts were interrupted by my so-called grape weird ass friend.
"Hey amami! Look at me! I bet you ten dollars that I can walk out of here with him hand in hand."
I look at him confused.
"Hm? Kokichi, you always scare them away in the end. You can't get a date for the life of you, just admit it, and what are the possibilities of them being a girl?"
He looks at me rising an eyebrow. He smirked.
"Let's place a bet then. You owe me ten dollars if they turn out to be a boy, and I will owe you five dollars if they turn out to be a girl. What do you say?"
"There is so many things wrong with that and you know that."
He chuckled.
"No fun!"
"You take things too far sometimes Oma. Let's just go inside."
I make my way inside. Every now and then thinking about them and smiling a bit..

(Time Skip Bc I said so :P)

POV Shuichi
I was being pushed and shoved all over. I knew I just should've stayed at home. Kaede why have you betrayed me?! I continued walking around people and looking a the floor not ever wanting to interact with anyone's eyes since I left my hat back there. It's easy to change my personality to something innocent and righteous to something immoral and deprave but when it comes to large groups with people nothing like you and are so much more intimidating than you like. You'd just rather stay silent and keep to yourself and pray nothing happens.. I feel a grip on my wrist and being pulled into a group of people.. I didn't look up. I just tried to get out of that circle! But they just laughed and someone pin me against the wall. I just struggled to get out of their grip, but it was impossible. Idk what they forced down my throat.. a drugs? A few shots? I would peek every now and then to get a glance and all I saw were shot glasses being poured down my throat and smudged up faces and loud noises I wish would go away.
Coughing noises, choking noises, screams, singing, everything is going so fast yet so slow...

Why me..?
I feel the person holding me down let go, well they were forced off me I heard yells and fighting.. I fell to the floor my head spinning and eyes shut. I cover my ear and start getting up using the wall for support finally opening my eyes. I feel a cold breeze I didn't even get enough time to shiver before I was grabbed again and feel a grip force me forward. I just saw green hair.. I stumble as I follow behind..

I'm so tired