Slughorn's Christmas Party

It was December 19th, 1996, just the day before Slughorn's Christmas party. Harry and Ellie were in the library as they followed Hermione as she returned her stack of books in their respective places.

Harry had suggested that he just take Hermione, but she declined, claiming she already was going with someone. Ellie gave a small smirk as she stood next to her girlfriend.

"Anyway, it's you we've got to worry about. You can't just take anyone," Hermione explained.

She moved to stand next to Harry, her back facing a girl eyeing the Chosen one.

"See that girl over there? That's Romilda Vane. Apparently, she's trying to smuggle you a Love Potion," Hermione continued in a quiet tone.

Ellie snorted in amusement. "I'd like to see that happen."

"Really?" Harry asked, eyeing the girl down over Hermione's shoulder.

Hermione snapped her fingers in front of his face, snapping him back to focus his attention back to her.

"Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One."

"But I am the Chosen One," Harry countered with a satisfied smile.

Hermione immediately smacked him on his head with her newspaper, earning an abrupt laugh from her girlfriend.

"Okay, sorry. Um, kidding. I'll someone I like," Harry apologized. "Someone cool."

--

It was now December 20th, the day of Slughorn's Christmas party. Hermione wore a flattering pleated pink dress with a beaded necklace. Ellie wore a similar dress that hugged her body, but in burgundy.

At approximately 6:00 p.m, Ellie walked to the Gryffindor common room to pick up Hermione. They escorted each other to the party, arm in arm. Once they arrived, they greeted those they knew.

"I'll go fetch us some drinks. I'll be right back," Ellie explained, leaving her girlfriend.

Ellie ran into Neville, who was holding a tray of glasses, dressed in white attire with white gloves.

"Neville! Why are you serving drinks?" Ellie asked with surprise.

"Didn't get into the Slug Club. It's okay, though. He's got Belby handing out towels in the loo," Neville explained.

"Sorry to hear that. Can I take two? The other one's for Hermione."

Ellie turned around to glance at where she left Hermione, but didn't find there. Ellie set the glasses back down in confusion.

"Actually, I have to go find her first. Thank you, Neville," Ellie said in a rush.

Ellie scanned the room to catch a glimpse of Hermione's pink dress disappearing behind a set of curtains. Harry seemed to notice as well, as he trailed behind her. They disappeared behind the curtains to find a distressed Hermione.

"Hermione. What are you doing? And what happened to you?" Harry asked.

Hermione pinned her hair back into place frantically.

"I've just escaped. I mean, left Cormac under the mistletoe."

Ellie clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palm. Her hatred for the boy only grew more, but she tried to conceal her emotions.

"I'm going to kill him, I swear," Ellie muttered under her breath sarcastically.

"Cormac? That's who you invited?" Harry questioned, seeming more surprised at Hermione.