Steven

The past month seemed to be back to normal. Ellie and Hermione's relationship was slowly returning to its previous state, though Ellie was much more cautious about her actions. Needless to say, the lovers were doing better and were in a much more healthier place than before.

It was June 30th, 1997. It was late at night, the moon illuminating the dark sky.

Ellie had just left Hermione's dorm after a few hours of studying and cuddling. Ellie walked the corridors slowly with a smile plastered on her face. The corridors were quiet except for the occasional chirps from the wandering crickets.

Four pairs of footsteps were heard, their heavy steps approaching Ellie's direction fast. Ellie immediately hid behind a pillar, pressing her back against the stone as far as she could, trying to make herself unnoticeable.

"Where is he?" a man growled, his voice deep and almost animal-like.

A mumble of other voices were heard as Ellie's heart started to beat faster. Her hands had started to moisten and attempted to press herself further into the wall. After a few moments of working up the courage, Ellie peeked around the pillar to see three tall figures, all dressed in black clothing, with one of them resembling wolf-like features. The other two wore silver-masks, ones she recognized to be Death Eaters.

Just as Ellie was about to turn back around, a harsh hand dug into her shoulder blade. Ellie immediately turned around to face a menacing women, whose lips curled into a smile to reveal rotten and blackened teeth. Her hair was unruly, a mess of long black curls. Ellie gasped at the sight, recognizing that face anywhere.

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Ellie squeaked as the woman's grip on her tightened, pulling her from the secluded area.

Bellatrix dragged Ellie to the other three Death Eaters with a triumphant smile on her face.

"Look who I found eavesdropping," Bellatrix announced. "Didn't I kill you, dear?"

"Obviously not," Ellie spat back as she writhed in pain under Bellatrix's firm grip.

Bellatrix tightened her grip, digging her long nails into Ellie's skin.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that."

Ellie shrieked in pain as the woman broke her skin, drawing blood from her shoulder.

"Now, now, Bellatrix. She is far too important to him to be hurt," one of the Death Eaters warned, causing Bellatrix to loosen her grip slightly, expressing her face into snarl.

"W-What do you mean?" Ellie asked, her voice quivering.

"Shut it! You don't speak unless spoken to," Bellatrix warned as she pressed her wand against Ellie's neck, making her gulp in fear.

"That's Steven's daughter," the other Death Eater announced, his voice raspy and cold.

Bellatrix turned to Ellie, a mischievous smirk forming on her face. She traced her wand around Ellie's facial features, eventually stopping at her neck. She lowered her wand, also loosening her grip.

"Steven's daughter, eh? Mum never told you, I presume," Bellatrix started, her eyes glimmering with malice.

Ellie tensed up at the sound of her father's name, holding her breath in suspense. Bellatrix began to circle Ellie, then proceeded to walk ahead of her.

"Bring her," the woman ordered. The two masked Death Eaters firmly held both of Ellie's arms, dragging her to keep up with Bellatrix.

"I have eyes and ears here, Evans. Your anger proves to be valuable. An urge to kill is one of the Dark Lord's most treasured advantages. You would have prospered as a Slytherin. Just like your father."