VI.

Turn back

Turn back. Turn back now.

It isn't safe here. Leave.

He's going to find you.

He will take you.

Reject your deepest desires, do not trust.

You learned your lesson the first time. You cannot trust anybody but yourself.

Do not allow them to misguide you.

He will only abandon you. He will not protect you. He is not here for your benefit. Run while you still can. It will only lead to despair.

***

"Y-You do?" The girl flushed red, surprised that he had even considered the name in the first place. The man now known as Dream scratched the back of his neck and averted his eyes to seem like he was shy.

"I mean yeah. It's better than any of the other names I've been given." Psychopath. Worthless. Piece of shit. Five. Nightmare. Sadist.

"Really? What kind of names have your friends given you?" Dream only forced out a laugh and smiled.

"You shouldn't worry about that," dream shrugged it off and grabbed one of the books on the top shelf. "What's your favorite genre? I myself love some good murder mystery." Y/n narrowed her eyes but just pushed the weird comment under the rug.

"Yeah, they're pretty interesting. It definitely keeps you on your toes!" Y/n giggled nervously. She felt tense, like something was wrong. There seemed to be something off about this guy. Maybe it was the mysterious nature he had about him, or the things he said; they were just off.

"I agree. I tend to see from the perspective of the killer, or the antagonist. Sometimes, I feel what they feel." Dream smiled at Y/n, but there was no light in his eyes. He looked dead, soulless. As if everything that would make someone a human was gone, with no trace left.

"Ah, that's interesting...I'm sorry, I have to go to the back. Bye now." Y/n made a gesture to the door to the back and gave the blond no time to respond. Dream smiled sinisterly as he watched the girl leave. He put his thumb in his mouth and bit down with a crazed smile on his face.

"Your fear is so cute, Y/n."

***

Wilbur sighed as he wiped down the front register of the grime of people. He walked to the front and flipped the sign from "open" to "close" before wiping down the handles. The store was dark, and no one but him was in the store. Y/n went home a while ago saying that something came up, so it was just him.

He hummed his version of "Hallelujah" as he wiped down the glass of the windows. Footsteps echoed throughout the small bookstore getting closer and closer to the cashier, but he hadn't heard them. It wasn't until the person was right behind them that Wilbur felt something was off. He could feel someone's hot breath on his neck, and he froze.

Wilbur quickly turned around with the disinfectant reached out like a gun, as if it would do damage. But no one was there. It was completely still. Not a creature in sight. The brown haired man gulped before going to grab his keys so he could leave, but they were gone.

"Shit...!" He cursed himself, now having to go to the very back of the store where they were usually kept. As he walked down the rows of books, he felt like he was being watched. He became paranoid, and felt himself freeze when he heard the jingle of keys behind him. Wilbur turned around and saw the keys on the floor. He looked around to see if there were any traps, but it was hard when there was barely any light in the store; and he couldn't turn them back on, either. The store has a special feature that lets it close the store on its own. It locks the back doors and turns off the lights, and the only way to turn them back on is with a certain pair of keys.

Wilbur bent down and picked up the keys, unaware of the man with a white smile mask behind him with a bat about to swing. Before Wilbur could get up, the masked man swung at his head, knocking him out.

***

Wilbur woke up with a throbbing headache, and went to massage his head with his hand, but he couldn't. He was tied to a chair, and couldn't move his arms or legs. A light luminated him, but everywhere else was pitch black. He heard footsteps in the dark, and it seemed like he was being circled like a human being chased by a shark. Finally he saw a figure of someone moving towards him; he was terrified as he looked up to see a tall man with a white smile mask. His attire was dark and raggad, like he had been wearing it for years on years.

"You're finally awake," he spoke, his voice smooth and deep. Wilbur wondered if he was part of the group that was after Y/n, and he felt dread fill him. The man continued talking as he pulled out a knife, and placed it at his throat.

"Now tell me everything you know about Y/n L/n."