C10

She sat beside Seth ,her toes playing hide-and-seek in the beach sand .

Quil Ateara sat behind her ,braiding her hair while Embry and Jacob gave him advice .

They'd spend the day having fun on the beach and they didn't even ask any questions about her life as a witch .

She didn't know if their Dad's and Quil's grandfather had warned them not to,but she was sure  that she wouldn't have minded if they'd asked.

She really liked these boys . Especially Jacob.

If she didn't have to go back to Hogwarts she'd probably spend most of her time with them . They'd become the best of friends and she'd probably date one of them .

She smiled at her thoughts . She sometimes swore that her brains were wired together . She could start out thinking of one thing then a few minutes later she'd thought out long  stories, like now .

" What're you smiling about?", Embry asked , breaking into her thoughts .

She pulled her shoulders up into a shrug. " Nothing really," she said not willing to reveal her thoughts to a boy she barely knew .

" Uh..Um.. okay ", Embry said unconvinced ,but letting it go .

Quil finished up her braid and she found that she liked it . Who knew a boy could be such an expert .

She pressed a soft kiss on his cheek in thanks before getting up and grabbing Seth's hand to pull him to his feet .

" Come on ,Seth , I want to get my toes wet !", she called with a bright smile of joy lighting up her face .

" They're gonna freeze off ", Seth protested ,but Athena didn't really care . She really wanted to remember her stay in La Push with happiness in her heart.

She wanted this summer to be her most favourite memory .

" Don't be a baby ,Seth . It's just water ", she shot back giving him a smirk .

He just rolled his eyes and pulled off his shoes before letting himself be dragged towards the water's edge.

The other three couldn't help but notice how cute the cousins looked together .

" Like twins almost ", Embry quipped .

They didn't really look like twins . Except for sharing the same eyes , but Jacob and Quil understood what he meant .

They smiled in unison when the girl shrieked joyfully as the cold water touched her toes . Seth grinned at her , taking care to not let the water touch his.

She stomped her foot playfully , letting the water splash up against her bare legs causing her to let out another shriek .

Seth threw his head back in laughter ,the wind blowing the sound away to the cliffs  where three tall  young men was about to Cliff dive .

They turned their gazes upon the five teens  , their eyes lingering on the girl ,their thoughts turning to the previous day's revelations.

She looked so normal. Who would ever thought that she held such power in her short frame ?.

Then they thought of how normal they used to look too  before they suddenly just had a hell of a growth spurt and that fever that they themselves didn't rightly feel ,but other people did when touching them .

If only they'd rather looked as normal as her and didn't have to seclude themselves from others that doesn't know their secret .

If only....