•04: Its not quiet uptown•

-In Lily's Mom's house-

Valkyrae is writing in her journal again. It's about Blank, a division of an organization. There's no signal here, this is like a country side or somewhat. If you scream no one can hear you like a perfect place for a massacre.

Valkyrae furrowed her brows and asked to herself "Why Poki?"

"W-what..?" Sykkuno questioned to her. She forgot that Sykkuno was there for her medication.

"Oh hey there, Sykkuno. I forgot you were here." She said as she glanced at him in surprise.

"Umm... are you talking to yourself?? Again??" Sykkuno asked to her and she smiled.

She then answered "Not now, I'm talking to you."

Then Sykkuno suddenly sat beside Rae like a little child telling a story and he spoke "You know, Rae. I think Corpse like me."

Rae laughed a little and said "Oh my, Sykkuno you have no idea. It's so obvious."

"Uuhh... how about Toast? Does he like me??" Sykkuno asked to Rae in an innocent tone.

"Why don't you confess to him to know the truth?" Rae said then she suddenly paused and asked "Wait a minute, are you planning to build your own harem?"

"N-no.. w-what.. Rae...." Sykkuno replied shyly and awkwardly. 

Rae smiled even wider and just put her arms around Sykkuno's shoulders "You.. know.. Sykkuno you're like mah little bro."

"Yeah.. and you're nurse?" Sykkuno asked back and Rae just touched his hair.

Sun ah pouted and said "I wanna have a brother too."

"Sun ah how long have you been there?" Rae asked to her and Sun ah just walked towards to them.

"Auntie Rae, is Uncle Sykkuno your brother?" Sun ah asked as she sat down on her Auntie Rae's lap.

Rae sighed and murmured "Now, I have two babies, that's nice."

♧You may ask, what's happening to Toast.♧

Jodi was just sitting like a boss in the front of her new team. She looked at them one by one. Damn, she really looked like a boss.

Then she spoke "Toast, you're not working alone this time. If you do, you'll face me."

"Wow scary." Ninja joking murmured that made Jodi glared at her and Ninja just shut up.

"I have an idea.." Toast said while raising his hand.

"Yes?" Jodi gave him the permission to speak by saying that.. yeah..

"So what if I work alone but in reality, you'll have a sound receiver on me. Like a recorder but it's live." Toast suggested that made Jodi nodded.

"That's a great idea but where? Where will you start investigating?" Jodi asked to him and Toast looked away.

"Around Lily's house. Maybe I'll watch from a far because Rae is there and she has a crucial information about this accident.

"Oh yeah, her mother lives in Riverhead right?" Neytiri asked to Toast and Toast looked at her like what the heck.

"What?! She moved in Riverhead? Why didn't I know that??" Toast questioned to Neytiri and she laughed.

"How would you know? You're always busy and you left the house since then. You aren't even contacting her." Neytiri explained and Toast became sad then he looked down.

But then he remembered the Riverhead... "hold on a second. There's a massacre that happened in Riverhead, right??" Ninja asked to them.

Jodi picked up a file from the cabinet and put it down on the table "Yes, so what? This the file of it."

"Isn't that odd??" Neytiri asked to her and Jodi just sighed.

"As for now, we can't connect this two crime." Jodi said then she continued "To be honest, this crime amaze me. It's completely clean and no one will suspect the murderer."

"If it's wasn't for the barcode. Did you find the meaning of it??" Toast asked to Jodi.

Jodi sighed again and replied "No, I don't know how barcode works."

"Well that killer was good. This was very bold kill and I love it." Toast said with a smile.

Neytiri glanced at him and uttered "Wooaah wooaah..  calm your psychopath tendencies."

"Nah, gurl. I think he's a high functioning sociopath like Sherlock Holmes." Ninja said jokingly and Jodi cleared her throat.

"So you're going to Riverhead, Toast?" She changed the subject and Toast nodded.

"Yes.. Maybe..  well I didn't know she moved there so.. Maybe." Toast replied with unsure tone.

"So here's the plan. You're gonna have a sound receiver or whatever it's called. We will hear every sound around you so don't there speak dirty to us. Don't drink, I know you're not you when you're drunk. Concentrate in the mission and don't fail us. You said before that the killer might be one of your friends, right? So it's maybe one of the group there. Well take care of the rest and you shall watch, okay? If you met the killer, don't panic. I know you're not a kind of guy that will panic once you'll met a murderer but it's your friend so you.. calm down." Jodi explained to Toast and Toast just nodded.

She then continued "Don't let the killer trick you. And for you Ninja.. I will assign you to the barcode and any other ya know fingerprints. Neytiri you are the one who will be assign to both Yvonne's group and Scarra's."

Neytiri then nodded and Toast questioned  "What if they are protecting the killer? What if they all know it? What if??"

"Then they won't do this. They'll just simply deny it but they didn't. The killer is also tricking them." Jodi replied then she added "That's why don't let the killer trick you, Toast. I remember that you lost both of your parents because of a murder. Don't let that happened again by losing someone you love."

"Yeah confess already." Ninja mumbled.

Jodi gave her a bad look and then she said "Get back to work. Today is gonna be a long day. You guys do your assignments and I'm gonna send a report to the higher ups. We need new information by tomorrow."