Edward Sparkles

Edward scowled at everyone and everything which wasn't unusual behavior. His smiles around Jessica was actually more unnerving to their classmates so him going back to looking miserable felt more normal. As the bell rang for their last class, Jessica nearly cackled at Edward's clearly visible dread. She told Lauren she was catching a ride with Edward as he walked past them in the parking lot and made his way to the woods at the back of the school like a man going to his execution.

She had to sprint to keep up with his longer strides. He stopped right before the ray of sunlight that was passing through the tall pine trees. She waited, wiggling as she stood for heat against the cold and unaltered excitement. He turned back to her and glared, emoting that she was to blame for his misery.

"Eddie," she imitated Emily's whine. "I'm cold. Let's get on with it."

He looked like he wanted to flash the middle finger at her. Instead, he unzipped his dark blue winter coat and shrugged it off. Dropping it the ground, he wouldn't meet her eyes as he began to unbutton the blue button-down and she gaped at him. He stopped mid-way and glared at her again.

"We don't have to do this," he insisted. "I'll pay you to not make me do this."

Well, with that desperation, not for all the money in the world.

She shook her head. "You promised."

He sighed. "I'll get you anything else that you want. You want a new car? A new house? A lifetime supply of Skittles?"

"Nope," she replied. "Do you need music to strip to? I can sing Careless Whisper."

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "No singing."

"I'll have you know I sing very well," she declared before she began singing. "I'm never gonna dance again-"

"Stop! Stop!"

He sighed again and unbuttoned his shirt the rest of the way and peeled it off, showing a torso of perfect alabaster skin. She could only stare. She finally saw what he looked like underneath all those fancy coats. She wasn't disappointed.

He was glaring at her again and with a deep shuddering breath, he stepped back and into the ray of sunlight. His skin immediately started sparkling like a layer of diamond dust covered his skin. When he moved, little sparkles of rainbow lights reflected off his face down to his abdomen. He kept still as she tried to process what she was seeing.

He waited.

She stared.

He closed his eyes in acceptance of his fate.

She burst into laughter.

She was bowled over. Laughing so hard her stomach hurt, her head hurt, and she was afraid she was going to pee herself. She was crying. Oh my freaking God.

Edward was redressing, scowling at her as she continued to laugh. She gasped in oxygen and tried to say something but all that came out were giggles. She tried to stop him as he made his way past her but he shrugged her off. She followed him, still giggling like a maniac as they made their way to the parking lot.

Most people already went home and they were alone as Edward unlocked his car and got in. She got into the passenger seat and had to bite her lip not to explode in a fit of giggles. Edward gave her a side-eye filled with contempt. Her face felt so warm and she bit into her knuckle as the giggles kept trying to escape her.

Alice and Jasper must have another ride home and it was only the two of them. Edward drove them out of the school parking lot and kept his gaze on the road. Jessica was having a hard time keeping her composure. She had never laughed like that before. She sounded like one of the hyenas from the Lion King.