Prom Queen

Reading tip cause this chapter heavily features music:

1. Jasper and Alice dancing at prom - Flo Rida's Low

2. Edward and Jessica dancing - Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved

3. Jessica and friends dancing - Taylor Swift's Our Song

4. The After Party - Lorde's Ribs

Finals came and went much to the Senior class' combined relief. They no longer needed to do any work and Jessica needed to step over all the paper that was thrown into the hall way as she made her way out of the school. Mike, Eric, and Tyler were singing and dancing loudly and off-key to Queen's We Are the Champions. Jessica slumped against Angela when she found her, relieved to no longer have to worry about exams and how it could affect her college dreams.

She had fretted over exams and had studied religiously in the months prior, practically never living her bedroom as tried to cram as much information in her head as she could. She had been getting headaches from the constant memorization that Edward had said her thoughts were giving him a migraine. Now, it was all over and she tried not to fret about the exam results. She still had prom and graduation to take care of. She still had the last month of school before the summer.

Being chosen for valedictorian had been a wonderful surprise. Edward had said she was going to get it in passing but she hadn't put much thought into it. She had asked Alice not to tell her too much about the future as she didn't want to jinx anything. When she was told she was chosen and had to give the speech at graduation, she had been thrilled and additionally stressed at having to write a good speech.

She wasn't a writer. She didn't even keep a diary. Angela had always been better at words than her. She had asked her best friend for help and had been told to speak from the heart.

This wasn't good advice. What was she supposed to say? Get out there and don't mess up the world more than it already is? She had pages and pages of drafts for her speech and it was not coming along well. She shelved it for now as she had prom to take care of first.

Alice had finished all their dresses within a week. She had been buzzing with excitement and would give them detailed updates about how each one was going. Jessica's dress was taking the longest for the gold embroidery and the tulle was rather delicate to work with. Eventually, Alice finished it and asked them all to come over to her house again for a fitting and so she could do some alterations.

The tulle skirt was off-white, almost a champagne color and the golden embroidery at the torso travelled down the full skirt that almost fanned out around her. It was nowhere near as big as the ball gown Rosalie wore the previous year but it was fuller than either Angela's or Lauren's gowns. Jessica was scared to even touch the golden embroidery as she stared at herself in the mirror. It looked like it was something a princess should be wearing.

"It's so pretty, Jess," Angela cooed as she touched the tulle. "I'd be scared to wear this. What if I drop food on it?"

"I will not hesitate to kill any of you if you ruin your dress," Alice said, cheerily then laughed. "I'm joking but seriously don't stain the dresses."

Angela looked a little freaked out. Lauren poked at her bare back. While the front of it was a modest halter top, the back of the gown was bare and showed of all of Angela's skin.

"Do you think Pastor Weber would be okay with this gown?" Lauren asked. "He might to stop you from going to prom in fear that you'll come home pregnant."

Angela went as red as her gown. "That's...um...that's not happening. Jacob and I aren't..."

Lauren quirked an eyebrow. "You still haven't after all these months?"