Laxus Strikes Twice

F/n's pov 

"It has been a few weeks at the guild and the new town , and it is really feeling like home now ." I thought to myself . " I have been doing little in town jobs to get use to the area , but something is telling me to not go to far . " I sigh and look up . "Why are there floating balls in the sky?" I said out loud , next I hear small explosion's near the center of the town . I run to investigate .

Time skip 

I arrive in the middle of a warzone between Laxus and two dragon slayers. Natsu looks at me " F/n where the hell have you been ?" he asks angerly . "Uh....working , What is happening ?" I ask .Natsu explains Laxus is trying to destroy fairy tail , and the balls in the sky are the key, but when they are destroyed, the one who destroys them get hurt . I take a second then look at Laxus , I was about to tell him off , then one of the guild members came in , saying that Makarov is in critical condition . I feel my heart sink  " Natsu , Do you got this ?" I ask  , the dragon slayer smiled  " Of course , go help Erza with those  stupid balls ."I nod , but change my gaze to Laxus , he smiled at me, My entire dimeter changed  "I want you to know , If they  somehow lose to you sparky , I am going to track you down and completely obliterate you ." I said in a threatening tone , before turning away . Laxus felt a shiver go down his spine . 

After some time I find Erza , she was struggling with summoning swords . I place my hand on her exhausted shoulder . " Erza , you ok ?" . She turned and looked at me with a tired look . This broke my heart .I gave her a smile  and took my position in front of her . She  tried to say something , but I cut her off . Then I was cut off by a voice in my head , it was telling everyone to get up and to help , explaining the entire situation .  Lucy snapped everyone out of an argument, causing everyone to ban together. After the 'call' ended Erza took the chance to say what I cut her off from saying " What are you doing F/n , go help everyone else !" she ordered . I turned to face her and took a few steps towards her  and gave her a big smile " I am helping ." I take a step back and turn around and activate my barrier ring " I got you . " I whisper , Erza heard me and was about to comment , but I released a massive amount of magic causing a giant barrier to cover the center of town, enough to defend the wizards who would be attacking the floating balls  .I made sure to allow magic to phase out but not in . I glance back at Erza  " I'm the guilds shield , You be it's sword and take out those things ." I say with a laugh . She nodded " Everyone F/n has given us cover  , Attack NOW!!" she battle cried . And so they did , the balls where being destroyed and no one was being hurt . I smiled , then I saw it , the collective lightning energy is riding the barrier coming towards me , instead of disbursing , it is following the magic flow of my barrier  . I brace for impact , Erza sees me do this . " F/n are you o-" She was interrupted by the lightning magic hitting me all at once . I let out a scream and drop to one knee, tears forming in my eyes , my body steaming from the electricity , I start wheezing  in pain . Erza goes to help me " Don't you move ." I yell at her , she freezes in place . " I am the guilds shield , I refuse to lose one person, this is my family and I will endure whatever I need to  . I GOT YOU FAIRY TAIL !" I force myself to stand up and fight the lightning magic.  I grit my teeth , and stand steadfast . " I got you " I whisper . I release as much energy as I can to reinforce the barrier . After for what seems like forever the last of the balls are destroyed and the last of the lightning magic goes through me .Once I am sure  it's over I release the barrier . I drop to my knees and past out . 

Erza's pov 

I run towards F/n " Hey F/n , F/n!!" I try to shake him but when I touch him his body is superheated from the lightning . Levy runs by and sees me with F/n, she runs over " Erza what happened I thought he protected everyone with his Barrier?" She asked , " He did but it backfired and was electrocuted  until everyone was safe . " I went to touch him again , he has cooled down .Levy started to help pick up F/n . " Where are we taking him ?" I ask concerned . " Porlyusica is taking care of the master , she might be able to help with F/n" I pick him up ,"Where ?" I look at Levy waiting for and answer   " At the guild hall ." she answered . I didn't waste any more time , I ran as fast as I could to the guild hall.