the odd painting

"A FEMALE ROOMMATE?" Deku cocked his head later that afternoon as him and Bakugo sat in the hospital cafe for lunch

"A FEMALE ROOMMATE?" Deku cocked his head later that afternoon as him and Bakugo sat in the hospital cafe for lunch. "Is she nice?"

"I don't know. She seems alright. She hasn't really pissed me off that much."

"...That much?"

"She likes to watch sit-coms."

"...I-Is that bad?"

"Sit-coms are annoying. They all have the same laugh track and it's never filmed in front of a live audience."

"You find anything to hate, huh?" Deku sighed, sipping on his juice box.

. . .

When Bakugo returned to his room, he noticed y/n sitting on her bed, drawing on a canvas. It looked as though she was adding small details to a painting. She stared at her work intensely as she concentrated,  being careful not to slip up her tracing as she used a thin black pen to add tiny features to the art.

"Two little butterfly out in the sun...one flew away and then there was one..." She sang softly to herself.

Y/n glanced up from her canvas, her eyes greeting his. She gave a rosy smile. "Afternoon! What are they serving in the cafeteria?"

Bakugo hesitantly walked to the side of his bed that was closest to hers, sitting on the edge to watch her draw. "...Chicken, potatoes, carrots, and milk."

Y/n seemed to physically tense up at the sound of the listed foods. "I think I'll skip lunch today." She whispered, focusing on her artwork.

"Shouldn't you eat? You are injured and at a hospital. Makes no damn sense to skip meals." Bakugo bellowed. Y/n turned to him after he said the word "injured" and scoffed. "I'll be fine." She chuckled, turning back to her piece.

Bakugo cocked his head at the odd painting that laid in front of her. "...What the hell is that?"

"What do you mean? Can't you tell?" She propped up the canvas, displaying it to him.

At first glance, it was just an array of colors splattered across the canvas, it looking like a unicorn vomited on it. But after taking a closer look, Bakugo's eyes widened in shock. "A...butterfly?"

Y/n smiled, nodding her head excitedly. "When you look at it from a far, it's easier to tell. Up close, it's a little more difficult." She explained, adding small details to the wings of the butterfly.

Bakugo watched her for a few moments before slipping under the covers in his bed, laying his head onto the fluffy pillow. He closed his eyes, drowning himself into his own thoughts.

Y/n turned to him to see him taking a light nap, his breathing decreasing slowly. She gave a tiny grin, slowly batting her eyes as she watched her roommate drift into slumber.

She hummed a tune to herself as she finished the final touches to her painting, rolled out of her bed with the canvas, and walked to Bakugo's side of the room.

On the nightstand next to his bed, she carefully placed the painting on the table.

"A house warming gift." She whispered.

" She whispered