the reunion

"Bakugo?"

"Bakugo?"

"Bakuuuuugooooo."

"Come on now, wake up!"

Bakugo batted his eyes open, the morning sunlight beaming brightly through the window.

"Why are you sleeping with my painting in your arms?"

A familiar voice caused Bakugo to jolt awake, him sitting up. Y/n, sitting at the edge of her bed, gave a big smile. "Morning!"

He flung the covers off him, jumping out of bed and wrapping his arms around her neck and hugging her to his chest. "You-You're hurting my head." She choked, but Bakugo didn't care.

"You're alive."

"Of course I am! I just started having low vitals and had to go into the E.R. Luckily for me, everything needed to cure my disease, such as blood donations and junk, arrived the morning of!"

Bakugo pulled away from the hug. "...Does that mean..."

Y/n smiled, placing her hand over her heart. "I'm heart disease free, baby!"

Bakugo raised his brows, shock and relief overcoming him. "You're cured?"

"Yep!! But they still wanna keep me here for a few days, just in case something goes wrong-"

Her sentence was interrupted by another tight hug, Bakugo wrapping his large arms around her thin, sickly waist, making the two of them fall back onto her bed.

Y/n slowly patted his back. "...Someone seemed to miss me..."

"Shut up." He whispered. "...Let's go read...please."

. . .

Bakugo and y/n sat at their established picnic table on the roof, reading mangas quietly together. "...Aren't your parents worried about where you are?"