8. Something's Drawing Me

It was finally the weekend. Larry and I decided to wait until the weekend to try to meet with Van. My parents were out to check out an event in the heart of town and I invited Van over to talk about Larry. He was hesitant to come over but I told him it was important. I heard the bell ring and I quickly got up to answer the door. Van walked in, kicking off his shoes and taking off his coat before looking at me, wondering what it was that I wanted.

"Um...I don't know how to say this but I can see Larry," I started.

"What do you mean you can see Larry?" Van asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Remember that one time I told you I saw him? I saw him again and I actually talked to him." Van looked at me as if I had three eyes. "I'm being serious, Van! I can see him and you're right about him being dead. He's dead but he doesn't know how he died." I could see Larry tentatively emerging from the kitchen. "He's standing right there," I said, pointing to where Larry was at. "Do you see him?"

Van followed my finger to where Larry was but shook his head. "I see nowt."

"Are you sure?" I asked, walking right next to Larry. "He's standing right here."

Van walked up to me and stuck out his hand to where Larry was. His hand went through Larry. "I don't see him but it feels colder here," he said, rubbing his arms for warmth.

I turned to Larry wondering what to do next and he shrugged his shoulders.

"What will it take for you to believe he's here?" I began.

"I dunno. Ask him to tell you summat that only the both of us know about," Van suggested. I glanced at Larry, urging him to continue.

"Um...ask him if he's still with Chelsea," Larry threw out.

"Uh...are you still with Chelsea?" I asked, uncertainly. Van's eyes widened as he looked at me.

"How do you know about her? But anyways, you could've gotten that information online or summat. But no, I'm not," he answered. I could tell that he was still hesitant about believing me. I turned to look at Larry once again. Larry scratched his head trying to think of something better.

"Ask him if he remembers that one time he was pissed and kissed me on the lips." My eyes widened in shock and Van began to get worried.

"Shit, what'd he say?" Van questioned.

"Um...do you remember that one time you were pissed and kissed him on the lips?" I repeated awkwardly.

I could see Van's face turn pink from embarrassment. "Fucking hell, Larry! I thought you said you weren't going to tell anyone," he scolded.

Larry held his hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry! It was the only thing I could think of! It was either that or that one time you..." he trailed off but stopped himself before he could embarrass Van further.

"Larry says he's sorry. It was either that or something else he wouldn't say," I explained and I could actually see the fear in Van's eyes.

"Christ, that's enough. I believe you then." It was obvious he knew what Larry was referring to and now I was curious. I turned to look at Larry and Larry mimed zipping his lips shut.

Van began looking at where Larry was standing. "Well, I can't see ya but hi," Van said, staring at nothing. I honestly wanted to laugh but it wasn't as funny since I can actually see Larry.

"Hi Van, you haven't changed one bit," Larry replied, smiling.

"He says you haven't changed a bit," I repeated.

"So he's dead but doesn't know how he died?" Van asked, ignoring Larry's comment. Larry and I nodded our heads. "Do you like know where your body is?" Larry shook his head no and I mimicked his actions. Van's expression softened. "Well I just want you to know that I miss you loads. I've put it upon myself to try to find out what happened to you."