CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

A/N Hey who's excited for KotLC Unlocked to come out this week? *Waves hand frantically in the air*

I just wanted to let you all know that for the sake of this book, I'm just going to pretend Unlocked isn't happening. I'm sure it'll contradict a lot of the things on the KotLC side of this story (actually, just from reading the sample, it already has), but I won't be changing my plot or anything to adjust around it. I have most of my story planned out already, and it's just not worth having to rewrite part of it. That being said, I just want to take credit now if any of the reveals I have in later chapters match up to what actually ends up as canon. Know that I honestly had these ideas on my own, and am not taking them from Shannon Messenger, I swear! 

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure no one was confused about that. I'm sure you all want to get on to the story now, so I'll stop. Hope you enjoy the chapter and make sure to vote, comment, and follow if you do!! Love all of you!!! <3333

"Ugh, for the millionth time, Dad, I know how to walk!" James exclaimed. "And don't you dare ask again if I'm sure I'm okay, Mum."

Ginny, who had just opened her mouth probably to say those exact words, shut her mouth quickly.

"James, in case you forgot, you did just fall about twenty feet, and you were unconscious until twelve hours ago," Harry said pointedly.

"Exactly! I just slept for like twenty-four hours! That means that I'm good to go!"

"That's not how it works―"

"Sophie? What are you doing here?"

For a moment, Harry thought his eldest son was just trying to divert his attention. But sure enough, when he followed his son's gaze to the front doorstep, he found Sophie waiting there, along with Sandor and Marella, whose name he'd learned yesterday.

"Sorry to drop by unannounced," Sophie said. "We just needed to talk to you for a few minutes, but if now's a bad time..."

"No, it's great! Maybe now my parents will leave me alone!" James exclaimed.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Now is fine. We can go inside. We were just getting back from St. Mungo's, James just got released..."

"Even though I'm perfectly capable of getting home alone," James muttered. 

"This is Marella, by the way, I don't know if you've met. She wanted to come along today," Sophie said, motioning towards the blonde girl. 

"Yes, we met yesterday. Thanks for helping James," Harry said. 

James looked up in surprise, finally taking interest in the conversation. "What do you mean?" 

"Marella took you to an elvin physician after you fell," Harry explained, and Marella gave James a shy wave.

"Oh. Er... thanks," James said awkwardly, looking Marella over. He looked slightly nervous and shy, two emotions Harry didn't realize his son was capable of.

"Anytime," Marella said slyly.

James cleared his throat, apparently coming out of the daze Marella had brought him into. "Well, er, anyway, I'll be leaving. Keep my parents distracted for me, will you?"

"James Sirius, you'd better not do anything crazy, or I'm taking your broomstick for a week!" Ginny called after him. 

"Sorry. He's being weird," Harry said, turning towards his guests with a sigh.

Marella muttered something under her breath as she watched James disappear, but Harry couldn't quite make out what she said.

"Anyway," he said as they settled on the coaches. "What did you want to talk about?"