Chapter 8: Death Eaters

As the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione were telling tales, Catalina found herself being zoned out. Everything was agitated around her, voices and laughter altogether but nothing seemed to be able to draw her attention. Her mind was far away. She felt filthy and needed so much a bath that this tent couldn't provide. The next morning, when she gets to Hogwarts, that will be the first thing that she does.

Arthur came into the tent panicked, wearing a shocking expression on his face, almost scared. The voices outside grew louder. Everybody was shouting and running frantically.

"We have to leave, now." Arthur said, being out of breath.

Everyone jumped on their feet and Catalina pushed herself off the bed. Something terrible was happening and she knew it.

The group got outside, being taken aback by the chaos around them. People pushed each other to get faster into the woods where the trees would shelter them. Some tents were on fire. Panic was everywhere. Wizards wearing masks and long, black cloaks were marching amongst the tents, setting them on fire with the torches they held.

"Everybody stick together." Arthur shouted towards the group.

They started heading for the outskirts of the camp but the panic and people pushing, made Catalina get lost from the group.

"Harry!" She heard Hermione screaming.

She saw a disoriented Harry, looking around, trying to find a way out from the pit he entered. She started running towards him, trying to reach and pull him aside.

Catalina was pushed roughly to the ground, in the mud. She tried getting up, but the crowd of people running on her, wouldn't let her. She felt a heavy boot stepping on her wrist and she let out a scream of pain. The young witch was sure that the bones in her wrist were broken.

"I have to get to Harry, dammit." She pushed herself up with all her force but she was knocked down once again, losing her conscience.

***

Catalina woke up, feeling her eyelids heavy. She looked around the camp. It was quiet. Only the distant voices could be heard and the fire that was burning the entire camp. She was covered in mud mixed with her own blood.

There, in the distance, she noticed a green light forming a skull. From it's mouth descended a snake. She gasped loudly. This was no normal attack, this was well planned ahead. But why? Why would anyone target a Quidditch match? Was it Voldemort? She remembered vividly the Triwizard Tournament held at Hogwarts when her beloved Cedric Diggory died at the hands of shall-not-be-named. And she couldn't believe that he was back to get Harry.

"Harry..." she tried to get up but with no use. Her muscles felt heavy and she couldn't push herself up.

One of the Death Eaters heard her struggle of getting up and started heading her way. She noticed the tall and dark figure approaching with his face fully covered so she tried reaching for her wand.

She gasped when she realized she couldn't find it. "My wand." She used the last ounce of force to push herself back as the Death Eater took out his wand, pointing it at her vulnerable figure.

"Expelliarmus!" She heard a familiar voice shouting.

Catalina opened her eyes, noticing a tall figure standing in front of her like a shield, his face toward the Death Eater. She instantly recognized his long and blonde hair.

"Not this girl." She swore that she heard him murmuring but with the way her ears were hurting, she couldn't be sure.

He turned towards her and bent down to be the same level as her. "Catalina!"