Chapter 17: Old Flame

Catalina apparated in the nearby of Weasley's house. The field she remembered that hid the house was now gone. Everywhere was only snow. The house she remembered looked exactly the same. Smoke was raising from the chimney, giving it an inviting look. She could already smell Molly's delicious chocolate chips. She noticed a big snowman in front of the house and she could already imagine the twins building it while Ron and Ginny argued over which color they should pick for the buttons. Catalina found herself giggling at the silly thoughts that crossed her mind.

The young witch started walking and knocked twice as soon as she found herself in the front of their door. Inside, she could already hear laughs, voices, and everyone seemed to have a good time with zero worries.

Ginny was the one to open the door and she looked at Catalina, smiling brightly. "I'm glad you could come!" She squealed. "Those two idiots said that you will go with Draco." She remembered how disappointed she was when she heard that her favorite girl in the world would rather spend time with a Malfoy than with them. "But come in..." she stepped aside, revealing the hallway and the opened door which led to the kitchen.

She shyly stepped inside, ruffling the snow from her thick hair and letting it fall on the wooden ground and melt. She passed the hallway and found herself in the kitchen, where all eyes were on her. Molly almost dropped the pan she was holding at the sudden surprise of her new guest. "Catalina!" She almost threw the pan on the stove and ran to the young witch, catching her in a tight embrace. Catalina laughed lightly and wrapped her own arms around Mrs. Weasley.

"Look at you, honey, you are as beautiful as I remember!" Molly placed her hands on Catalina's arms, analyzing her from head to toes with a smile on her face.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley. I brought sweets." She held up the bag and handed it to Molly.

"I'm so glad you changed your mind. Fred and George told me about your initial plans." Molly continued cheerfully while taking a basket and dropping all the sweets in it so whoever was in the mood for a sweet treat, could grab one.

"I can't believe you are actually here. Did you and Draco argue?" Ron looked at Catalina in awe like his imagination was playing tricks on him.

"Ron." Hermione said in a warning tone, hitting him lightly on the shoulder.

"Ouch, what?" He turned towards her with an offended expression while Harry just shook his head and smiled.

"Is she here?" The twins bursted into the room, pushing each other to see who could arrive first. They both entered through the door frame at the same time, making Catalina laugh loudly.

"Well, yes, I am here!" Catalina said, placing both of her hands on her hips.

"Cool!" They both said in unison, having a dumb smile on their faces. "It will be on!" George said, throwing Fred a stare while smirking. His twin seemed to understand what he meant but Catalina remained confused.

With a flick of her wand, Catalina took her fur coat off and remained only in a pair of leggings and a beige, fluffy sweater. It was so warm and cozy inside that she felt like home. Merlin knows that this house was her home more than her actual home. The Weasleys were good friends with her parents and they babysat her whenever her parents had to go to the Ministry, which was almost always. Holding the mug of hot chocolate even tighter, she got lost in the thoughts of her childhood. She was on her own even since she knew herself. Her parents were good people and provided her with everything she needed materially, but emotionally, they were distant. Molly was like her second mother and with her, she felt like nothing missed. She taught her to be caring, good and empathic no matter how hard life may hit you. A big part of her personality was influenced by them.