Chapter 24: Ministry affairs

Catalina heard some noise and she lazily opened her eyes. It was still quite dark due to the lack of sun but she was in a good mood regardless. She stretched her arms and yawned, while rubbing the sleep off her eyes.

Lucius was clasping his cloak around his shoulders. He was fully dressed and standing tall over her. He smiled down at her and caressed her cheek with his gloved hand. She wanted so badly to feel his skin against hers and not those cold, leather black gloves. "I have to go to the Ministry today, I will be back." He cupped her jawline, caressing her lips using his thumb.

Catalina groaned in frustration. She just wanted to spend the entire day in bed, with him. She knew that once he left, she will get gloomy again, thinking about how her life sunk in several days.

"I don't want you to go." She mewled.

Lucius face softened at her words. She grabbed his hand and caressed it while she held the fur blanket around her chest with the other. "Don't worry, this sight will make me return quickly." He smirked while his eyes traveled on her covered body. He raised and eyebrow as his eyes lingered on her cleavage.

"Alright." She nodded.

***

As he was walking through the Ministry, he heard a voice calling his name. "Lucius." He narrowed his eyes with his back still facing the said person. He could feel the tension in his voice. But who dared to address him with such disrespect, he wondered.

He turned around to be met by a man slightly shorter than him with brown hair. He was dressed in a simple buttoned shirt and black trousers. His slightly chubby figure was unflattering to say the least in those clothes, he thought. Lucius looked down on him with an air of superiority.

"And who you may be?" He tapped his cane impatiently.

"Cornelius. Cornelius Fawley." He didn't bother to offer him his hand.

Lucius raised his eyebrows in confusion. "Oh. Fawley. Yes." He had now his undivided attention. "How may I help you?!" He asked sarcastically, not actually caring about the man.

"It will be really helpful if you would stay away from my daughter. As far as I heard, you only brought her trouble." He wore and angry expression without letting himself being intimidated by the Malfoy.

Lucius scoffed. "How would you know that? Did you bother to even have a talk with her?" He mocked.

Cornelius looked at the ground as guilt flashed his eyes. "My relationship with my daughter is no business of yours. And shall I remind you that she is only nineteen and you are past 40?" He looked the Malfoy into his eyes. "How can you take advantage of a young girl just because she might be naïve? You should be ashamed of yourself." He scolded the Malfoy.

"Catalina is more mature and intelligent than you give her credit for." Lucius got threateningly close to Cornelius' ear, whispering "And about her age, that's what makes her hotter."

In an angry impulse, Cornelius took a few steps back, drawing his wand and pointing at Lucius with trembling hands. "HOW DARE YOU TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT MY DAUGHTER, YOU DISGUSTING DEATH EATER!"

Everyone who was passing by them stopped and watched the drama unfold. Lucius stood calmly and just watched the man like he was mad. He could tell by the look in his eyes that the stress of his job got to him. The crowd around them started whispering.

"I will take her far away from here so you can never lay your hands on her ever again." Cornelius threatened through gritted teeth. Lucius started losing his calm. He tried to hid his angered expression by turning his back towards him.