《⑧》'In Which The Trolls Don't Share Their Acid with (Y/n)'

A sudden dinging caught your attention, causing you to snap out of your paranoid silent observing of Hickory in favor of backing the fuck up and leaving Branch to be sucked into the group hug-

Wait, when the fuck did he get one of those sadistic bracelets?!

Ah, the sting of betrayal is a fickle bitch-

Branch suddenly flung himself out of the group hug, and started openly interrogating Hickory...

I mean, Hickory's sus as fuck, but you aren't going to vote him out until you got more evidence.

Oop- Poppy's getting involved now. "-I'm sorry about my associate."

Oof, my man's been shot! Man down!

She began walking away with Hickory, leaving a slack jawed Branch with you... he looked up at you as if asking, 'Can you believe this shit?'

And you could only shrug.

And after a bit of mocking pettiness that made you so very proud come out of Branch's mouth, and Poppy completely disregarding any relative possibilities of danger, everyone was back on track and ready to move.

Destination: Fuck- uh, I mean Funk Trolls!

Only problem, which isn't actually a problem: gotta go down the river.

Cause I mean, you could just carry everybody. Not like this is something uncommon-

"I'll build us a raft." Hickory started happily trotting away, and Branch huffed out a laugh as he leaned against your leg.

He looked up at you. "This should be good." He scoffed, apparently feeling confident that his raft skills were better then Hickory's. "He probably doesn't know the first thing about building a r-"

There was a whole fucking Pontoon sitting in the water.

Branch's mouth is on the ground.

And you're pretty sure his self-esteem has taken a massive blow...

You made a hissing noise through your teeth. "Ooooh, he got you there bud." You pointed out as everyone began piling on the raft, and as gently as you could, you patted him on the back with your finger.

He grumpily crossed his arms and looked away, but didn't swat your finger away. "I want one." He grumbled.

"Me too buddy, me too." You sympathized, nodding along with him. "Now go, Poppy is already trying to get the boat to start-"

"Ughh, can't I just ride with you? I don't trust Hickory." He groaned, glaring at Hickory, who was having a conversation with Poppy.

'Oooh~ Do I smell jealousy?~'

"Nope." You popped the 'p'. "You not trusting Hickory is even more reason to be on the boat-"

"Raft-." Branch corrected you grumpily.

"-to keep an eye on him." You ignored him, watching as his shoulders slowly slumped in defeat.

"Dang it, why do you have to be right?" He complained, uncrossing his arms from his chest.

" 'Cause it use to be my job to keep an eye on sus people."

... definitely not even a sliver of the truth, but good enough.

...............

...........

........

...