I'm

Hoseok's (aka Rapunzel) point of view:

Ever since I was young, I was kept up in a tower, never experiencing the real world

Ever since I was young, I was kept up in a tower, never experiencing the real world. I was sent by my parents because of a curse.

They say that anyone who could look past the curse and save me from my tower, truly loves me.

Honestly, I don't care for love. I want to experience the real world, do new things, have adventures, curse or no curse. But because of how dramatic my parents are, they put a spell around my location and a dragon to 'protect' me.

At this point, I just feel like they're ashamed to call me their son. The curse isn't even all that bad. Apparently, I'm ugly.

I've been told I'm ugly countless times. At this point, I'm convinced it's not a curse and simply a genetic thing.

I don't care that I'm ugly but beauty and youthfulness is essential in my parents' kingdom. Can't have an ugly heir running around, now can we?

My Kingdom's whole shtick is beauty. We profit off it. We're the ones making dresses, hair products, jewelry, anything to intensify your beauty and 'wellbeing'.

Don't ask me how the dragon hasn't eaten me yet-I don't know myself. It's kind of like we leave each other alone if we don't interfere with each other. I don't understand why it doesn't just leave.

I don't know my parents' reasoning for these extreme measures. They could just disown me and send me far away without hearing a word from me ever again, but instead, they pretend they care.

I have tried leaving my tower before. I use whatever's sharp to scale down the wall. I've basically lost my fear of heights at this point.

But then the dragon-being the prick it is-chases me and puts me back in the tower. It thinks I'm his treasure and we all know how possessive dragons are with treasure. It's really annoying, but I don't have the heart to kill it, if I could even kill it in the first place.

Don't get me wrong-it's not like I'm living in some run down tower, looking like it could tumble down any second. I'm living in comfort.

I have no idea what my parents are thinking. They contradict themselves by making sure I live comfortably but keeping me locked up at the same time. I seriously don't understand. It seems like they care...somehow.

They teleport food for me every two weeks. I really wish I could do magic...

I'm usually stocked with food so I make a lot of food, trying new recipes and whatnot. If it doesn't turn out good, I feed it to the dragon.

I really can't complain about anything but I want to talk to people and have freedom to do whatever I want. I've been seeing the same walls everyday for years and it's incredibly suffocating at times.

I try my daily escape attempt. This time, I'm going to try and distract the dragon with the food I toss out the one window and climb out the other. This time, I'm confident it will work since I've tied all my bedsheets to create a long rope to my freedom.