Phase x One - Hope x and x Ambition

A Week Later...
(A/N: Since the prologue ended, nobody will be speaking "Like this!" anymore, that is only when you or someone else is thinking)

(Y/N) POV:
As soon as I heard my alarm ring, I bolted out of my bed and started running in circles in excitement. 'Today's the day! Today's the day of the Hunter Exam!' I thought to myself. I quickly made myself breakfast and ate, afterwards I brushed my teeth and took a shower. I had prepared everything a week before! I prepared a bag and some clothes.

I wore a light grey shirt tucked in some light blue Jean shorts, I put on a grey sweater but didn't zip it (left it open)

I wore a light grey shirt tucked in some light blue Jean shorts, I put on a grey sweater but didn't zip it (left it open). To finish my look I out on some boots. My dark green bag was filled with snacks, manga, and a special knife for protection. Not like I'll need it anyways, I could break someone with my bare hands, a knife just got the job done quick.

I was gonna run away and take the Hunter Exam, not like my parents would care anyways. I'm fully capable of taking care of myself, plus I also wanted to escape from this hell hole. I headed for the door, but right when I was about to turn the doorknob...

"Where do you think you're going?"

Oh no.

It was my dad, with my mom right by her side. "Uh... I'm going out..!" I nervously said. "Don't lie to me, to us." My dad replied. "You never wear such decent clothes, wake up early, bring your backpack anywhere, unless its a special occasion."

"Why do you care!?" is what I wanted to say, but all that came out was... "I'm gonna take the Hunter Exam." 'Crap!' I thought. Both of my parents looked shocked. "What!?" They both said in union. "Pfft- Hahaha! Like you're even qualified! You're weak as a feather! Plus, we want you here to do the dirty work for us." My mother said. "You're wrong." I hissed at her. She looked dumbfounded. "Wrong? Don't talk back to your mother you little shit!" She raised her hand, about to slap me, instead of letting her slap me, I caught her hand before it reached my face. Oh, mama's and papa's faces were priceless! They looked so shocked! "You don't know anything about me. I want to become a hunter. I will take the exam." I said in a serious tone. Serious enough for them to start to sweat drop. "All this time. I let you abuse me. But from now on, I will stand up for myself. I will change!" I raised my voice a little.

My mother quickly reverted her hand, still in shock. Since my parents looked shocked and frozen still, I took that as a yes to let me go. Its not like I'll miss them, but I was so happy. "Kay! Thanks guys! You're the best!" I happily said as I skipped out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Time Skip]

I soon arrived at Zaban City, where the site of the Hunter Exam was. Walking through the city, there was many people selling a variety of goods. From food to jewelry. I was fascinated, as I had never seen such things before! I made sure not to take my time checking everything out. After a couple of minutes, I arrived at a ordinary looking restaurant, but it wasn't just a regular restaurant. I knew it had an elevator that lead to the exam cite, you had to order a certain thing off the menu, and I knew exactly what to order. I had memorized it!