Swindlers x Swamp

(Y/N) POV:

"Don't let them fool you!" Everyone's attention turned to where the sound was coming from. A man who looked beat up came out of a corner, pointing to Satoz. "He's lying to you!" A few gasps came from the crowd. "He's an impostor! He isn't an examiner... I'm the real examiner." The crowd began mumbling, "Look at this..." the man dragged out a Satoz-monkey looking man who appeared to be dead. The crowd gasped again. "He looks just like Satoz-chan!" Gon exclaimed. "It's a Man-Faced Ape, one of the creatures that dwell in the Numere Wetlands! Man-Faced Apes love the taste of fresh human flesh. However, their limbs are long and thin, so they're quite weak. That's why they disguise themselves as humans." The man said. Everyone began to look around.

"They trick humans into following them into these wetlands, where they team up with other animals to kill and devour them. He intends to trap every single applicant!" The man pointed at Satoz again. I didn't think so, if Satoz really was a Man-Faced Ape, who planed to eat us all, by the time we would've all been gathered out here the other Man-Faced Apes would've shown themselves and tried to eat us. Suddenly poker cards began to fly at both Satoz and the man trying to sabotage the Hunter Exam. Satoz caught these cards, while the man got hit by them, falling backwards dead.

It was the clown guy again. What he did was pretty smart, but risky. He threw cards at both of them to see which one would catch them! The real examiner would've caught it, because to be an examiner you have to be a Hunter. And a Hunter wouldn't die so easily.

"I see, I see..." The clown guy said, whilst shuffling his card. "That settles it... You're the real one."

Everyone suddenly became surprised, tsk, they must be stupid! I looked over at the Man-Faced Ape who had Satoz's head and face features, who was pretending to be dead because I saw them open their eyes and run away when they realized what had happen. "Examiners are Hunters selected by the committee to perform this duty without pay. Any Hunter, bearing the title we seek, would have been able to block that attack." The clown guy said again. I actually agree with him! Maybe everyone in this exam isn't an idiot after all.

"I shall take that as a complement." Satoz said. "However, should you attack me again, for any reason, I will report you for turning on an examiner. And you will be immediately disqualified. Are we clear?"

"Yes." The clown guy replied. Vultures began to form around the dead body, they began to eat it. "Nature really can be brutal to watch..." I heard Leorio say. "So he was a Man-Faced Ape, as well." Kurapika said.

"He was attempting to confuse the applicants, to lure some of them away." Satoz replied. "We can't let our guard down." I said. "Yeah." Gon replied. "Of course." Killua also replied. "You will be encountering such deception on a regular basis." Satoz began talking, walking towards the hoard of vultures eating away on the Man-Faced Ape's body. "I believe that a number of you were fooled into suspecting my identity?" Leorio began laughing nervously with that stupid smile of his, rubbing the back of his neck. 'Idiot.' I thought.

"Do you understand?" Satoz asked. "If you lose sight of me in the Numere Wetlands fog, you will never reach the exam's Second Phase. Do bear that in mind." Everyone nodded.

"Then let us be on our way." Satoz said. "Please follow me." Satoz began to walk as the rest of us followed behind. I made sure to stay close to Gon and Killua, since those two were my friends. The further we went, the thicker the fog got. "(Y/N), Gon." Killua said. "Huh?" Me and Gon asked. "Let's move up." Killua replied. "Okay. We don't want to lose sight of the examiner." Gon said.

"I'm more concerned with increasing the distance between us and Hisoka." Killua said. I got confused. "Hisoka?" I asked. "You don't know who he is? It's the clown looking guys." Killua responded. "Staying too close to him is dangerous. I can smell it in the air." "Smell?" Gon asked, sniffing the air. Aww, that was cute, but pretty idiotic. "Hmmm, I don't think he smells." I laughed. "You dummy, that's a metaphor, he didn't mean literally!" Gon blushed, I couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or not. He rubbed the back of his neck, smiling. "Sorry!" Gon replied.