07

There was nothing but silence and an awkward atmosphere lingering inside the car, Lucy knew that Natsu was probably worried sick and is angry at her. It was just dumb of her to not at least leave a message to her husband, she bit her lip. And she was about to be molested by some asshole as well, if he didn't come- who knows what would happen to her by now. Lucy leaned her back on the seat, finding it really uncomfortable at the moment.

"I'm sorry" she softly inquired, it was barely heard but Natsu having some sharpened senses let out a sigh, a frustrated sigh. "I was worried sick, you didn't even call or left a message" Natsu retorted monotonously, his eyes focused on the road ahead. Who would not be worried sick if they're significant doesn't leave at least an update if they're still alive or not.

"How'd you know I was in that bar?" Lucy glanced at him, he gave her a short stare before mouthing "I asked Gray if Juvia was with him and he said no and he also said Mira was promoted so I hunched you'd be celebrating on that bar which turned out right" she could sense the worry laced on his voice as he speak, she smiled softly and reached a hand to stroke the man's cheek. Natsu's tensed shoulders finally slumped relaxed on her touch, he placed his palm over her own and brought it to his lips, giving it a soft kiss. "Don't do that again. Tell me if you're hanging out with the girls hm?" He turned to look at her intently, she nodded and mouthed a sorry once more.

Shortly after, the couple arrived at their home and as immediate as the front door swung open, their daughter greeted them making both adults smile. Lucy picked up Nashi and gave her smooches all over her face, Natsu meanwhile closed and locked the front door shut before joining in with his wife and daughter. Days passed, everything went smoothly. Their secret was kept very nicely and their friends weren't being suspicious on them, wanna know why they keep it a secret? It will soon be revealed.

-

Lucy cooed down at her daughter and kissed her forehead before Natsu too did the same action. The blond adult then handed Nashi to her mother, Layla. Layla gave an reassuring smile at Lucy and giggled seeing her daughter's face saddened quite a bit.

"Oh come on Lucy, we will return Nashi back before night!" Layla laughed and cradled the child inside her arms. Today Lucy's parents have come to visit her, Natsu and Nashi and ended up having a decision that they'll take Nashi to the mall and do some bonding time together with their granddaughter.

"I know! I'm just, worried" Lucy mouthed and did a pout. Layla once more reassured Lucy about things and all, and Natsu was beside her giving her a soft pat on the back. They left with little Nashi waving her parents goodbye. Natsu nudged the blond and laughed seeing her face scrunched up and went to the couch, clicking the remote to turn on the television whilst popping the popcorn on her mouth, eyebrows ceased together.

"Come now Luce, she will be fine!" Natsu sat down beside the sulking blonde maiden and wrapped his arms over her shoulders while Lucy laid her head on his shoulder. "You think so?" She muttered and looked up at him. Natsu nodded and gave her a soft peck on the lips.

"Yep! Now stop sulking" he chuckled after. Lucy inhaled sharply, smiling as soon as she released her deep intake of oxygen. "Yeah" she mouthed. Although she relaxed quite a bit now, she can't help but recall the past events. It still scares her to this very day, that dreadful day still gives her nightmares.

"I just don't want it to repeat again, Natsu"

"It won't. I promise you it won't" Natsu cupped her cheeks and gave it soft strokes that seemed to calm his wife.