09

Natsu cleared his throat and tried evading the deathly glares of his friends, Lucy can be seen averting her gaze away as well. Amongst the huddled friends on the living room of Natsu and Lucy's house, Mirajane was the one who has the most deadly glare out of all. Just by her gaze, it made Natsu tremble.

"Look guys-" it was Lucy who started first, but almost instantly went shut when those glaring-curious eyes of her friends penetrated her soul. The giggles of Nashi broke the thick tension and the couple inwardly thanked the heavens for that. The small toddler made her way towards Erza who has her arms crossed and a disappointed expression laid itself on her visage. Nashi flung her arms out to be picked up and Erza- with hesitation, she picked the small child up, making her sit on the redhead's lap. It seemed that the scarlet haired maiden has calmed down and is playing with the toddler, the girls awed but the guys found the scene amusing.

There was few minutes of silence reigning over the atmosphere, but Levy, being also disappointed that Lucy didn't tell her about her relationship and that she already had a child, broke the silence.

"Why did you keep this a secret Lu?" Yes, Levy is disappointed but she also knows there was a reason behind this. And it better be a valid reason or else she might throw speeches at Lucy of this and that. A distressed sigh escaped Lucy's lips and her shoulders slumped down, this raised the concerns of their friends. Natsu placed a hand over Lucy's, it gave her a tad bit of calm somehow.

"Well, first off, Natsu and I are married four years ago, not long after that, we had Nashi." She indicated her daughter on Erza's lap. "Well how does it connect why did you hide it?" Gajeel spoke, this shocked Lucy knowing Gajeel isn't someone who pokes his nose at some things, but it seems that the situation caught up his interest.

"I didn't hear a single thing about this from you, flame brain. Your daughter almost got kidnapped back there at the park." This made Natsu raise a brow. "What do you mean Gray?" The pinkette's brow ceased together and leaned in slightly to listen to the ravenette's reply. "There was an old woman persuading Nashi, Natsu-san. She seemed so sketchy and said that she was her grandmother which we didn't believe. Her features didn't quite fit yours, Lucy-san's or Nashi's too." Juvia replied and seriousness was to be hinted on her voice, Natsu was left speechless. His eyes landed on the smaller pinkette and sighed deeply as he slumped his back on the sofa, shaking his head.

"About me and Natsu, we had a secret marriage. We actually met five years ago.." Lucy glanced to her husband and Natsu just nodded for her to continue. "Natsu.. he is a part of a group."

"What kind of group?" Erza narrowed her eyes. "A group of assassins." There was a spark of amusement of everyone's eyes, they awaited for Lucy's 'kidding' but it didn't arrive. Lucy noticed how Mira was silent all the time, but she can tell that the silverette is eager to listen. "He has many rivals just like those clichè things in movies or books. Even though they are in the same organization, some are still holding grudge against Natsu. They did try to kill him many times but their attempts failed. He left that organization since he was already sure to have a normal life with me and by that time I was pregnant with Nashi." Lucy lets out a shaky breath, telling their story to their friends really isn't doing her a good favor. Those dark times are her nightmare.

"We made our marriage secret due to the reason that if they found out about me and our baby, they will target us instead of him. We knew they won't let him leave in peace, and by the time I was giving birth to Nashi they attacked the hospital I was in.. they took the newborn Nashi away from me, I was screaming and crying, wanting to beat them up but I couldn't move at all, my body was so weak since I just finished my labor. They already pointed a gun at Nashi that time.." the blond couldn't hold back her tears and let it flow down like waterfalls on her cheek. Everyone went dead silent and felt bad for reacting so quickly without knowing the story behind. Natsu placed his palm on her back, rubbing it gently as he hushed her quite, Lucy wiped her tears away and continued,

"But thankfully someone arrived before those fuckers could even pull the trigger. It happened so fast, just a while ago those people were threatening to kill my baby but just in and instant, all of them were down, killed. That person handed Nashi over to me gently and before I could utter Natsu's name, he introduced himself. It was Natsu's brother-"

"Wait wait, hold up! Natsu has a brother?" Gray interrupted and raised his hands up, an unexplainable expression written all over his face that Gajeel snickered and everyone else's jaws hang open.

"E.N.D, that what he is preferred to be called. Natsu's younger twin brother, they look identical really, but E.N.D has lots of tattoos and has red eyes, kind of sadistic too." Lucy explained with a sniff. By now, their friends' mouth went on a straight line.

"He is mostly away from the compound of the organization" Natsu added with a sigh "stupid idiot" he added but a mumble. "E.N.D dragged the bed I was in outside but more enemies blocked the way, then Natsu arrived. It was literal bloodbath in the hospital that day, many staffs died and I thought I would loose Natsu too. He got shot by the shoulder right in front of me. But thank the heavens he didn't. The time we were finally out of that building, the members left to hunt us down were countable, some managed to lived to tell the tale of the berserk of the Devil Duo. We thought it would end there but it seems it didn't at all" Lucy finished the story with a sigh.

Silence.

No one uttered a word, everything was dead silent. The revelation, the truth that was fed up by Lucy to them was being stucked inside their skulls, they cannot just believe it at all.

"Looks like those pests haven't rested well since we're alive" Natsu inquired and ran his hands through his looks, it clearly says he is frustrated. The ringing of his phone caught his attention and quickly excused himself out, Natsu went out to the porch. It was an unknown number but he answered anyways.

"Hello?" Natsu stated.

"It's me." The familiarity of the voice made the pinkette's eyes widen. "They're up to hunt you down huh." The voice chuckled. The voice was deep and even sounded like Natsu's but deeper.

"Why'd ya call?"

"How rude" the person on the other line snickered. "Pack your stuffs, your moving to the States with Lucy and Nashi. I already got your private jet ready for departure tomorrow morning. I'll be waiting at the airport, come early." Natsu balled up a fist and was about to respond when the call ended. He hissed to himself and came back inside, breaking the news to everyone. Of course their friends disagreed on the idea at first but it was for the best if you think deeply about it.

"We'll be coming with you on the airport to bid you farewell for your departure tomorrow" Erza sighed in deeply before giving both Lucy and Natsu a hug. Everyone did the same and put an extra effort for a very tight hug for the couple, they won't be coming back for who knows when.

-

They arrived at the airport before the sun could even rise up and shine, it was definitely cold.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Lu-chan!" Levy wailed and gripped on Lucy, the ladies cried over each other- waking the little Nashi up. They did their farewell and so on.

Clicks of steps caught the attention on everyone, it stopped in front of them. Mira was the first one to notice who that was.

"You're E.N.D right?" She perked, the man removed his sunglasses to reveal sharp red eyes, his hair was in bright red in color and a smug smirk plastered on his lips. E.N.D wore dark brown dress pants, a black long sleeved turtle neck, honey brown long suit coat and dark brown dress shoes, a silver watch also attached on his right wrist. You can tell, he was a wealthy man. Very wealthy.

"You dyed your hair? Again?" Natsu spoke, the idea doesn't really made him very happy. Sure him and E.N.D had many fights and is often not getting along but he still cares for his brother, who knows he might get bald from that simultaneous hair color change. "Shut up, I'm not a kid to hear your lecture, big brother" E.N.D snorted at the emphasized words on his remarks. Gray and Gajeel stifled a laugh.

After the greetings and exchange of names, the Dragneels boarded their private jet and went off to States where Natsu, Lucy and Nashi will restart their lives once more, hopefully those people hunting them won't follow.