6. Your brother

You reached the place. Everyone was looking down at the grave, giving a moment of silence. You joined them. You didn’t know whose aunt may,  your brother and his name.

As everyone left, you kneeled to the grave and cried your heart out. Someone tapped your shoulder, you stood up, wiped your tears and turned back.

He was a young guy as you, a teenager but he looked 2 years older than you. His eyes were Hazel colour. “H-Hi. You are ?” you asked. “Peter Parker.” He replied. “You are my b-brother. I am Y/N Parker” you said. “Finally i got to meet you !” he hugged you and you two were now looking at the grave.

Aunt May came and stood beside my brother asking him to go home with her. “ Aunt May, wait, this is Y/N Parker. My s-sister.” He said, introducing you to Aunt May. “S-sorry for the loss. Come, I got your room ready. Let’s go home.” She said. You followed her home.

Your brother was still sad, sitting on his bed. “May i come in ?” you asked after knocking the door. He opened the door and let you in saying, “you don’t have to knock !”.  “Still sad huh ? Life isn’t fair you know ? You may have never spent time with them as I did, but they at least protected you more. In fact, Aunt May should be like a mom to you. She’s sweet !” you said, hugging him, rubbing his back. “Y/N did they say anything before they died ?” he asked. “ No but they sent me a letter saying that I will be staying with Aunt May now. Don’t worry things will get better ! Wanna have some Chinese food ?” you asked. He agreed and Aunt May brought you guys to eat.

You loved the streets, so empty and cold in the late night. You started humming a song. Peter turned to look at you, watching you humming a song, looking up at the streets, holding the string of your handbag, twirling around dancing to yourself in that cold weather.

He liked it. “Y/N ! Like your song, your humming and dancing around yourself.” He said. “Wanna join ?” you asked, holding out a hand for him and Aunt May. He accepted but she didn’t. “Come on Aunt May !” you guys asked her and she accepted.

You guys danced freestyle, listened to songs, yes in the passageway and walked to the chinese restaurant. You guys ate, had a little introducing time and you guys bonded well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day, you wanted to go over to your parents place to collect all the things. First thing in the morning, you opened the jar of self-love and took out a piece of paper. You opened the compliment paper, it was written, ‘Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we'll ever do.’ You smiled at it, sticked it on your desk and left to the kitchen.

You were early so you made breakfast for Aunt May, Brother and for yourself. “ Hey Aunt May ! Good Morning !” you greeted her as she saw you, almost done with breakfast. “Good morning Dear !” She greeted back with a smile. You handed over her breakfast. “Thank you Y/N !” she said.

You then went to wake up your brother. His door was locked so you knocked the door again. “Wait ! Wait !” He screamed. You didn’t know what he was doing but you heards sounds where he was banging into. 

He opened his door slightly and greeted you. “Hey ! Uhm breakfast is ready !” you told him and he told you he would come in a few minutes. He came and ate.

You guys were eating. Breaking the silence you talked, “So urm, i am going to my parents place to move the things out. Those which can be stored and my things. Aunt May, as you are my guardian now...can i go ?” you said. Aunt May agreed and Aunt May sent your brother to come with you.

You went there and collected all your things. You took your mom clothes, dad's clothes that can be used for yourself and your brother, you took the jewellers they owned, photos and his office stuff just in case it will be useful.