Stay For The Night

"River, I'm going to get something to eat. Do you want anything." Logan asked as wore his jacket and walked to the front door.

"No, thanks." River said.

Logan looked at her before he walked up to her."are you okay?" He asked worried.

"Yeah." She said with a small smile.

Logan knew if he tried to pushed her into talking to him, he will most likely to make things worse and push her away,"okay. I'll be back soon. Shower and try to get some rest. Okay?"

"Okay."

Logan gave her a tight smile before he got up. He opened the door and closed it once he was out.

                                                           •••

River stripped her dirty clothes off and entered the shower. Cold water cascaded down her body, making her feel numb. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw them on the ground in pieces. She heard them scream and beg for their lives.

River cringed at the memories. It wasn't the first time that happened. It was the third time. The first one came quick and went away just as fast. The second time was more violent and the third time, that night was even worse.

She was just so angry and frustrated all the time. Not just then but during the day as well. She noticed her hearing and strength and speed have increased. It worried her. She didn't understand what was happening with her. The new changes were driving her insane.

She could call Carlisle and ask to do an examination on her but she couldn't, more like she won't. Her pride wouldn't let her ask for help. She hasn't talked to any of them since they left. Edward and Alice since they went back to Forks about a month ago.

They called but she never answered. She answered Charlie's call all the time. Bella called from time to time and River all answered a few by few means one. Charlie knew she was alright and that was enough. Anything the Cullens needed to know, they can get it from Charlie. The Denali called and River answered they calls sometimes and were quick and short, not going into detail. Just she was away safe and well and asking them to tell Charlie she was with them rather than out of the states.

"River." Logan shouted as he entered the house,"I'm back."

"I'll be right down." River said as she turned off the shower, wrapped a towel around her wet, naked body. She wore her most comfort clothes which were sweatpants and one of Logan hoodies and went downstairs.

After a visit to save Edward from the Volturi in Volterra. She never left Europe. She was living in Logan's house for the past month. Did she tell Charlie? No. Was she planning too? No. Charlie would freakout if he ever found out she was out from the states and in a totally different continent. So she kept that secret away from him and everyone else.

Logan comes back carrying a large brown bag. He pushed a few old books on the table aside,"found anything?" He asked referring to the books.

"Nothing, interesting."

"We'll find something." Logan assured her as he placed it down on the table and started taking out he items inside,"I got us some cheeseburgers extra beacon, france fries and a milkshake."

River rolled her eyes as she smirked,"I told you I wasn't hungry."

"I know but you're going to eat anywhere. Come on River." He pleaded,"please for once don't argue with me."

"Thank you." River said as she took her food and set in a chair opposite to Logan.

Logan smiled before he set down in front of her. He watched her munch her chips one by one ,"it's not your fault, River. They were out to kill us. You saved the both us and possibly many more."