Chapter 5: 'Empty'

Time skip
(Two days later)

Bakugou felt as if his world was crumbling down slowly. He doesn't know whether it was the fact he was telling the truth all of sudden or the fact he just feels numb. A depressing feeling, just numb everywhere and he doesn't know what caused the feeling. He ignores basically everyone, he avoids contact with people, he's always the one first to leave class, and he always had his earbuds in.

Honestly it wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't have to be stuck in an area full of his classmates. The power went out while they walking back from their classes. No power; no elevator. Some of the students used the stairs and some sticked around the common room. The students that sticked around the common room was Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari, Mina, Todoroki, Midoriya, Tsuyu, and Uraraka.

You're probably wondering why Bakugou didn't go to his dorm. A little birdy told him Midoriya was going to be participating in truth or dare and Bakugou was waiting for the perfect moment to cause hell. Unfortunately he wasn't playing the game, so he'll have to wait until someone becomes mean enough to dare Midoriya to break his leg. He had to stick around to see just in case.

"Why is Bakugou here if he's not going to participate?" Todoroki asked and looked at Bakugou. The others shrugged but didn't mind. It's not like Bakugou was bothering them. He was simply on his phone scrolling through Instagram. Kaminari grinned mischievously and crept up behind the seat Bakugou was sitting on.

Bakugou turned off his phone and held up his flashlight towards the black screen. He sighed and thought, 'Wait for it, wait for it.' Bakugou nonchalantly sat the flashlight down and started up small explosions in his right hand. He turned around just in time and let the small spark hit Kaminari.

"Ow!" Kaminari exclaimed and he giggled a few seconds later. "That tickled."

Bakugou rolled his eyes and went back on his phone. "How did he even know Kaminari was going to do that?" Uraraka asks and placed her index finger on her chin. "Do we really need an answer to that?" Sero snorted. Kaminari plopped next to Sero and dramatically laid his back on his bro's lap. Sero felt his face heat up a bit. "Denk, what are you doing?"

"Sulking. Let me sulk in peace."

Mina winked at Sero and gave him a thumbs up. "Okay, can we just chill now 'cause I'm getting sleepy." Kirishima says defeatedly. The others agreed and they just chatted until it was time for bed. Kirishima turned his head and saw Bakugou furrowing his brows at his phone.

"What's wrong?"

"Fucking shit is about to die."

"That's probably a good thing." Kirishima mumbled and stared at his friend's screen. "The hell is that supposed to mean?" Bakugou glared at the redhead.

"I mean that phone must be more important than our friendship." Kirishima says with a hint of annoyance. Bakugou scoffed. "What's your problem?"

"My problem?" Kirishima looks at Bakugou baffled and lets out a sharp laugh, "You gotta be kidding, man."

Bakugou cocked a brow at Kirishima and put his phone in his pocket. He didn't answer, which got him a shocked look from Kirishima.

"You seriously gotta be kidding." He says quietly. Bakugou rolled his eyes, "I'm not so enlighten me shitty hair." Bakugou rested his chin on his hand and waited for him to speak. He knows Kirishima isn't the one to cause a scene, which is why he isn't that worried.

Bakugou tilted his head and caught the glint of anger in the redhead's eyes. He heard Kirishima suck in a deep breath. "Bakugou, you ignored everyone for the past two days. I just want to know if I caused it or someone else did."

Bakugou just shrugged. He had his reasons and he sure as hell wasn't going to tell Kirishima. Bakugou couldn't feel anything at that point. Everything inside him was numb. Physically he can feel but it's just his emotions that he had trouble locating. If he could describe the numb feeling he would but it's as if he can't even comprehend what's numb and what isn't.

"Bakugou."

Bakugou let out an annoyed hum. He's deadass surprised no one hasn't stopped their conversations to listen in on their little quarrel. "I thought you trusted me."

"I do." Bakugou mumbled. "Then why won't you tell me anything? What's bothering you?" Kirishima scoots closer to the hotheaded boy and stared into his fierce red eyes. "Nothing." Bakugou answers quietly.

"Bakug—"

"Stop it."

"C'mon, man, I'm here for y—"

"Shitty hair, stop." Bakugou says sternly and glared at him. Kirishima didn't even look a bit fazed. "Bakugou talk t—"

"Kirishima!"

The room fell silent and all eyes were on them. Bakugou stared angrily at the boy next to him. Kirishima looked at Bakugou hurt. Bakugou yelled his name as if it was venom, like he despised it. He only used that tone with Midoriya and he felt nothing other than anger at the moment.

"Whoa, what happened?" Mina asks as she looks to Bakugou then to Kirishima.

Kirishima bit his bottom lip and stood up. "Nothing." He says and walks to the stairs.

Bakugou looked over his shoulder and saw Kirishima walking towards the stairs. He wanted to move. He wanted to yell he's sorry but nothing came out of his mouth. He had no regrets for telling Kirishima to stop. He was stepping into a territory he had no business stepping on.

"Bak—"

"Shut the fuck up." Bakugou grumbled and followed Kirishima. He heard his classmates yell his name countless times but he ignored them. He had one goal and one goal only; To apologize.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See you next chapter!

Words: 969