Chapter 12: 'Love you'

Kirishima was spinning repeatedly in his spiny chair, scrolling through his phone for no particular reason. Well, he was bored and his boyfriend was reading a magazine next to him. He has to entertain himself somehow. Kirishima ended up on the news and saw a villain getting arrested. Someone who has a truth quirk. The redhead saw there was an article about the villain and how his quirk worked. He pressed the link and stopped spinning in his chair. He was reading the first paragraph and he was already one hundred percent sure that this was the guy who hit Bakugou. The redhead didn't know whether to tell Bakugou or keep it a secret. Bakugou has been through enough but how would he react knowing that the quirk has a low probability of going away completely. Fifteen percent isn't very high.

Kirishima looked at his boyfriend with a sad expression. He didn't want Bakugou to be upset or start crying. Yeah, it's going away but what if it doesn't completely? Kirishima sighed and shuts off his phone. He stared at the floor thinking if he should tell him or not. Kirishima was knocked out of his thoughts when he felt his spiny chair moving. Kirishima then looked up and saw his boyfriend pulling his chair closer to him.

"What's wrong with you?" Bakugou asks, holding onto the chair handles. Kirishima bit his bottom lip and rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess I should tell you." He mumbles and turns on his phone. Bakugou tilted his head, "What is it?"

"Well, the pro heroes caught a villain with a truth revealing quirk a few days ago. From the article I read, It says that it allows him to shoot arrows out from his skin, forcing his victims to tell the truth."

Bakugou was shocked and his eyebrows furrowed. "Does it say when it'll go away?"

Kirishima looked back at the article and scrolled for a bit. "No, but.."

"There's a fucking but?" Bakugou says with a hint of worry in his tone. Kirishima took in a deep breath. "But it says it has a low probability of even going away completely."

Bakugou's head hung low. "Wh...What's the percentage?"

"..Fifteen."

Bakugou rested his face in his hands. Kirishima put his phone in his pocket and hugged Bakugou. "It's going to be okay Suki."

"No the fuck it won't!" The blonde yelled, causing Kirishima to let him go. "I'm going to be stuck like this forever!"

"Katsuki, you said it was going away so maybe you got the fifteen percent!" Kirishima says. Bakugou narrowed his eyes at the redhead. "That doesn't mean it'll completely go away dumbass!"

'Ow.' Kirishima nearly flinched at the nickname. He's normally called that by Bakugou all the time but there was no hint of playfulness in the tone. It hurt. Kirishima set away the sadness and rested his hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. "Think positively Bakugou. It'll probably fade away completely eventually, okay?" Bakugou sighed and laid back in bed. Kirishima gave his boyfriend a sympathetic look.

Kirishima didn't get anything in response. Not even a grunt. He can tell Bakugou's upset at the fact that it may never fully go away but there's always hope. Seeing Bakugou upset is one of the things Kirishima hates. There's nothing they could do besides wait another week to see if it'll go away by then, but seeing Bakugou the way he is crushed the redhead's heart. "Look at me Suki." Kirishima's rested his hand on the blonde's thigh. Bakugou just turned on his side, facing the opposite direction of Kirishima.

"Katsu," Kirishima initiated, "Lets think of the positive things that would happen if it didn't go away."

"What the fuck would be positive if it didn't go away? Imagine being in my shoes, Kiri! Picture yourself being forced to answer shit you never wanted to answer truthfully. How would that make you feel?!" Bakugou yelled and glared at the wall.