Chapter 8: 'Deku'

Todoroki and Midoriya walked side by side to the cafeteria. The walk there was quiet and Midoriya wouldn't really mind the silence if they were actually good friends. They were decent friends and Midoriya is striving to form a better relationship with the bicolored haired boy. It's hard to read Todoroki from time to time. He can be so monotone and nonchalant without even trying. His behavior catches a lot of attention from the school girls.

It made Midoriya shudder when he got a flashback seeing the boy being surrounded by numerous girls. The green haired bean turned his head to Todoroki and saw him staring intently ahead. "So serious." Midoriya says subconsciously, which caused Todoroki to look at him. "What do you mean?" He asks in a monotone voice.

Midoriya squeaked and whipped his head to the other direction.

"Midoriya?"

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to say it out loud like that or say it at all!" Midoriya scratched the back of his head as little drops form on his forehead. Todoroki just stared at him, unfazed. "Did I do something?"

"No, No!" Midoriya quickly answered, "You just looked so focused on what's ahead of you!"

"Oh, I was making sure you don't bump into anyone since you seemed to be lost in your thoughts."

Midoriya mumbled a quiet "oh" and fiddled with his fingers. He felt Todoroki's eyes burning into the side of his head. He secretly hopes that he didn't offend Todoroki in any way. "You okay?" Todoroki asks, putting his gaze back in front of him. "Just hope I didn't offend you." Midoriya responds shyly.

"You didn't." Todoroki shrugs and they turned the corner, walking into the cafeteria. Midoriya immediately saw his friends waving at him. Midoriya returned the wave and followed Todoroki to the lunch line.

They both got their lunch and walked to the table they normally sit at. "Hey Deku." Uraraka smiled at him. "Hey Uraraka, Iida, and Asui."

Asui just sighed knowing Midoriya is never going to call her Tsu without reminding him. "You and Todoroki walked here together?" She asks.

Midoriya nodded and looked to Todoroki, who was sipping on his strawberry milk, but stopped when he heard his name. He let out a puzzled hum and looked at them confused.

"Don't worry Todoroki. Asui just asked if we walked here together." Midoriya gave him a reinsuring smile. Todoroki nodded slowly and took another sip of his strawberry milk.

"Oh, there goes Bakugou and Kirishima." Uraraka points out and watches them closely. Midoriya stared at them walk into the cafeteria side by side. "Anybody else noticed how Kacchan's been more kept to himself lately?" Midoriya asked his friends.

Iida shook his head no, Uraraka and Asui nodded, and Todoroki just didn't give a fuck. "He's less loud." Uraraka mumbled, "I have no problem with quiet Bakugou but it's just unsettling."

Midoriya nodded in understanding. "Maybe something happened." Asui says. "We wouldn't know unless we ask."

"Eh, Kacchan hates me and he doesn't really like any of you. Well, he respects you Uraraka so why don't you ask him?"

Uraraka choked and started having a coughing fit. "What?" She squeaked.

"You could ask Bakugou if something happened to him." Asui says and smiled.