// part seven: the unexpected //

Y/n huffed, slamming her controller on the floor as she let out an annoyed growl, squeezing the controller to the point of it nearly shattering in her grip. She flung herself backwards onto her back, laying on the floor.

"It's not fair, you always win!" She yelled, annoyed.

"I'd suggest lowering your voice before your mother hears you." Metal said. Y/n puffed her cheeks out, giving him a dirty look.

"You're a meanie, you know that?" She said. Metal stood up, dusting himself off.

"Sure I am. So, are you going to go eat lunch now? It's around that time." He said, holding out his hand for her to take. Y/n took it, standing up.

"Oh, I guess. I don't feel super hungry right now. I'll go get a snack, you stay right here." She said, walking to the door. She waved, smiling, before walking down the stairs. Metal waved, watching her leave.

He turned around, walking over to her bed. He sat down, looking out the large window. It looked cloudy and dark, which was strange. It was supposed to be sunny today, but it looks like there was about to be a bad storm.

Then Metal noticed something. The clouds were swirling in the sky, as if a large hole was forming in the very center. What was this? He stared, watching it curiously. Suddenly, things began to fall out of the center, confusing him. Were those... machines?

Then it hit him. They were here, he was here for Metal. They found him. And it looked like he wasn't going to be peaceful. Metal leaped off the bed, running downstairs, not bothering to think about Y/n's mother seeing him.

"Y/n! We have to go!" Metal exclaimed, running into the kitchen, where Y/n and M/n were talking. Y/n turned to Metal, gasping. Her mother looked down at Metal in disgust, screaming and pulling Y/n away from the robot.

"What is that!?" She yelled, scared.

"Metal, what are you doing!? Why did you come down here!?" Y/n shouted, angry. Metal rushed up to her, taking her hand.

"We have to go, they're here for me! They're going to kill everyone if they see me here, with you! Please Y/n, we have to run!" Metal begged, tugging on her arm as he pointed towards the screen door.

"What is this, Y/n!?" M/n yelled, grabbing her arm. Y/n looked up to her, trying to think of a way to explain. But did she have time? Was what Metal said true? They would kill her if they saw her with him?

"Mom, I don't have time to explain. This is Metal, he's from another dimension. And I think we're all in danger." Y/n said, holding Metal's hand. Metal nodded, looking up at M/n.

"You'll be safe as long as you hide, but we need to leave. I can't be alone, and Y/n is the only one I trust. I'll keep her safe, I promise." Metal said, pulling her towards the door.

"You can't take my daughter! You're not leaving!" M/n yelled, reaching out to grab Y/n's arm. Before she could get a good grasp on her though, the floor shook violently, causing M/n to fall to the floor. Metal opened the door, looking outside. The sky had grown dark, and the city was under attack. Y/n looked outside, beginning to grow scared.

"Get to somewhere safe, Miss. I'll return Y/n shortly." Metal said. M/n reached out to them, wanting to stop them, but as soon as she did, Metal lifted Y/n up, jumping off the porch. "Hold on tightly, Y/n." Metal held her close, looking back on last time to make sure no one saw him.

As he looked back though, he realized that they were in much greater danger than he had initially thought. Eggman had brought an army of robots, no doubt he was trying to take over the area and find Metal. And he had brought a large, flying machine with him, his ship.