V

Epilogue

It's been two weeks since the day I was free. I got sick for two days because of the freaking rain. It could have been worse if Uncle Ken didn't pick me up by the lake, he gave me towels and hot chocolate. I appreciate him not asking me questions.

I also visit Nelly every single day, it's like I found two friends in her, the kid Nelly and the grown Nelly, and I like them both!

Uncle Ken visits us more often now, I got interested with books lately and he wanted to request a lot of books, and when I say a lot. A LOT.

My mom and I was never close, but lately, I try my best to be her daughter slash friend at the same time.

I never thought of being single is the damn thing that could happen to me, I feel free and my self. I helped her decorate the house of Christmas lights and I almost wanted to cry when we lit it up.

We might think life is unfair, we ask and complain. But struggles are blessings in disguise, it shows us that there is no easy path to happiness. Yes, you read that right! Let's face it, as we grow older, we tend to be less happy. It's because we tend to focus on the struggles rather than the blessings. We should all learn that it's okay not to be okay.

fin