1

California sighed. He was stuck in some boring meeting.
It was same old stuff as always.
Florida was causing his usual chaos while DC attempted to stop him while trying to check in on the other states and failing miserably at both.

He'd gone quiet a while ago, opting to space out instead. Currently he was staring down the clock as it ticked slowly, like it was taunting him. It was rather annoying how loud it seemed.
Cali had also lost track of how long had he been sitting here. An hour...two?

His thoughts were disrupted by Florida suddenly standing up from his chair, sending it crashing into the wall behind him.
He made a beeline for the door, dragging Louisiana by the arm while giving some vague excuse before anyone could interject

"Florida n-" DC grumbled, sighing in defeat he put his head in his hands, looking slightly more frazzled. He reluctantly (stupidly) continued on with the meeting, way too tired to deal with Florida's bullshit today.
Probably a bad idea to let Florida out of your sight, especially with Loui in tow, but hey. Give the man a break. He's tired and doing his best, ok?

__

Ten minutes later and California was dragging himself out of his seat and down the hall. He didn't really know what he'd do, probably just chill in the living room before it got too loud to focus on his book.

"Oh C'monnnn! They just need a little push, it'll be fiiiinee."

His attention was drawn by Florida's voice as the sunshine state tiptoed away, closely followed by Louisiana. Not particularly a strange sight, the two were normally seen together. They were best friends and practically joined at the hip some days.

"I mean, you're not wrong, I doubt they've even realized." Loui whispered back

What was strange, however, was that they were sneaking out of Texas's room.

Texas, who was still sleeping and had missed the meeting.

This would surely end well.

He decides to ignore it, assuming they were up to their usual antics and plopped himself on the couch, pulling out his book and losing himself in the story.

__

"...what in tarnation-Who the HELL stole my shirt?!"

Ah so Texas was awake.

He looked up to see the cowboy storm out in a white t-shirt in place of his usual button up, anger etched into his face.
He didn't look half bad.

Louisiana quickly busied himself with his drink to try and avoid suspicion but Texas's eye was drawn by the movement, and he whipped around to glare at him and Florida

"Was it you two? Y'all are always pullin' shit like this."

"Who's to say" Florida responded, the shit eating grin on his face clearly giving him away.

"No" Loui said, having a much better pokerface, but the damage had already been done.

"Why you little sh- that was my favourite one!"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

Cali put his book up, deciding to ignore that mess and his definitely not blushing face. They'd settle it out on their own.