8

no. fucking. way.

you were in complete shock. in your hands were round-trip plane tickets heading to Melbourne, Australia and two Juice WRLD tickets scheduled for this week's weekend!

Ellie was surprised when she saw the shock on your face. "do you like it?"

"like it? this is a dream come true!"

Ellie sighed in relief. "girl you got me worried for a second there."

the three of you laughed. "whoops, sorry dude. anyways, whose idea is this?"

your Mum shrugged and said, "it was Ellie's idea, not mines. all i had to do is just give permission."

"yeah, i made sure your Mum didn't spend a single dollar on this."

you got up and hugged Ellie. "this has to be the best birthday present ever, dude. thanks so much. i owe you one for real."

"nah nah, it's fine. like what your Mum said, it was my idea. if you thought that was cool, look who you're travelling with!"

you flipped the plane tickets and saw Ellie's full name written on one of them.

"no fucking way..."

"yes way! a weekend in Aussie with your bestie!"

you turned to your Mum. "Mum, are you sure you wanna stay?"

"sorry honey, but she told me about this surprise two days ago and i already took extra shifts for this weekend. besides, i'm sure both of you will do just fine without me."

you hesitated. "uh.."

Ellie put her arm around your shoulder. "dude you seriously have to relax. it's only three days, what's the worst that could happen?"

you nodded and smiled.

she's right. what's the worst that can happen?

-- later that night

you lay on your bed, staring at the ceiling. Ellie was snoring on your spare mattress on the floor.

her words at dinner were echoing in your head

the worst that can happen? well, i don't know, us getting lost? robbed? raped? or worse, killed!?

ah fuck, maybe i shouldn't be thinking about this.

you looked at your wall clock. 2 A.M. huh, no wonder my thoughts are so loud.

alright, i'll probably try and get some sleep and try not to overthink shit. uh, think happy thoughts..

you were halfway asleep when you remembered Charlton, Austin, and all the memories you had with them back in Broken Hill.

should i pay them a visit? but what if they moved out or something? eh, guess i'll just visit our old neighborhood, see if my old house is still standing. hope i'll get to see them while i'm there.

after a while your eyelids started getting heavy and you finally drifted off to sleep.

---

hEY BESTIES ITS ME AGAIN :D this chapter was a bit rushed cus i'm sorta busy rn and i don't think i'll update untill next week.. idk too tho, hope not. also!! thankyou so much for the kind comments! they make my day fr🤍

i'll try my best to update again this week. see you guys later!

ps. to whoever guessed the Juice WRLD tickets yes u were correct HAHA

xo, anya

(word count:513)