10

(a/n: for this chapter, pretend that jetlag and other timezones don't exist cus im too lazy HAHA)

--------------

"excuse me, ma'am? would you mind folding your tray table please? we're about to land soon."

you woke up because of the flight attendant. turns out she was talking to Ellie, not you.

"oh yeah, sure." and did what she was told. she continued to watch a movie.

you yawned. "huh, you're up early."

she paused the movie and turned to you. "yeah, woke up about 2 hours ago. there was turbulence and my ears were hurting," she then reached for her water bottle, and took a sip.

"oof, okay."

"also, i forgot to tell you that i contacted one of my Dad's personal drivers and he agreed to drive us while we're there, so no need to order an uber. he's probably on his way right now."

"oh wow, you really went all in on this trip... thanks, El."

"gotchu fam."

the pilot made an announcement. "cabin crew, please take your seats for landing."

the announcement was followed by another one. "ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at Melbourne International airport. please make sure one last time your seat belt is securely fastened. the flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to make a final compliance check and pick up any remaining cups and glasses, thank you."

you looked out the window and see nothing but darkness and the plane's strobe lights. you turned on your phone and saw a new text from your Mum.

Yesterday

(21.35 PM) Mama💕: Hey honey, how's the flight? Just got home from work. Call me later yeah? Miss you already. 🥰

Today

(03.45 AM) you: hey Ma, just woke up. about to land @ tullamarine. call you when we get to Ellie's place. miss you too Mum 💖

you looked out of the window once more and saw the runway lights getting closer and closer.. then the whole plane shook as it landed on the runway. 

another announcement was made. "ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Melbourne International Airport. for your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the captain turns off the fasten seat belt sign. please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins. on behalf of American Airlines and the entire crew, i'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. have a nice stay!"

you sat back in your seat. "wow, still can't believe i'm here..."

after taking your luggage, you stepped off the plane and breathed in the air. "finally, some fresh fucking air. 21 hours in an airplane is a handful."

"for real bro, been a while since i've traveled."

you both headed into the airport and had your passports checked. 

"the driver just texted, he's waiting for us right now. c'mon!"

as soon as you stepped out of the sliding doors, you spotted a man, probably in his late 30s, in a black suit waiting by a purple Rolls-Royce Phantom. that must be him, you thought. Ellie headed to the car first. 

"hey Steve! thanks for waiting."

"no problem, miss! is this your friend that you were talking about?" he looked at you and you smiled.