13

"what the hell are you doing here? i thought you moved to New York all those years ago."

"isn't it obvious? we're watching the concert." 

"wait wait wait. you guys know each other?" said another dark-skinned guy who had dreads and used a grey hoodie. he had an Australian accent too, weird. 

"yeah, she's my old bestfriend."

at the same time you said, "yeah, he's my old bestfriend."

"damn, okay. did you invite them over?" the same guy asked Charlton.

he shook his head. "nope. how'd you guys get here?"

Ellie spoke up. "we were, uh, lost."

another guy spoke up. from his voice you knew it was Juice's manager, Lil Bibby. "lost? yeah right."

you felt threatened and started to back up a little.

"Bibby, chill. it was just an accident." 

hold on. is that... Juice?

your jaw fell to the floor in awe. Jarad took a bag of chips and handed it to you. "sorry 'bout that. here's some chips."

you took the bag of chips and held it proudly like it was some sort of trophy. "t-thanks man." 

 holy fucking shit, i just got a bag of chips from Juice WRLD. 

"no problem fam."

"...presents, The Kid LAROI!" you heard someone shout from a distance.

"aye Laroi, you up on stage!" Jarad shouted.

"y/n, i'll be back. talk to you later," he said to you, and he went up to the stage.

"WASSUP FAMILYY!" you heard him shout to the crowd who was going crazy over him.

"guess we'll be going now, we're really sorry that we interrupted you guys." you said, backing off and turning to the dim corridor to leave. you took a moment to process what the fuck just happened.

so my old best friend is now an upcoming superstar, i got a bag of chips from Juice WRLD, AND got interrogated by Ally Lotti? cool...

all of a sudden, Ellie spoke up. "dude, I had no idea that you had a cute ex bestfriend."

"i- you mean Charlton!?"

she nodded, and you burst out laughing. "i'll admit, he did have an insane glow up, but cute? nah, far from that."

"oh come on, admit it. you think he's cute."

"nah bro, not a single cell in me thinks he's cute."

"aight, so can i have him?"

"sure thing, mate. he's all yours."

she squealed and yanked your arm. "yay!! now hurry up you slow bitch, we're gonna miss his performance!"

"okay simp." you replied, but you hurried anyways.

this time you both took a left turn and found an entrance to the concert. 

"no booth? oh well, guess they only put them in the front entrance." you said, and shoved your ticket inside your pocket. 

"yeah, guess so. c'mon, let's get in the crowd." once again, Ellie yanked your arm and led you in the sea of people to the front part of the concert.

when you two reached the front, Charlton started performing his song "Diva" and "Let Her Go". you've heard the songs on Spotify.

Ellie shouted in your ear. "yo this song is really good! Laroi is really talented!" 

"ow, no need to shout. and yeah, i agree." you said.

after Charlton was done with his performance, Juice stepped up on stage. the crowd went even wilder and everyone pulled out their phones to record him on stage, including you and Ellie. you started shouting and cheering. throughout Juice's performance, you and Ellie recited word by word of the 3 songs he performed - "Fast", "Lucid Dreams", and "Lean Wit Me".

when he finished performing those 3 songs, he took a moment to appreciate his fans.
"i love y'all more than life itself. y'all can do whatever the fuck y'all wanna do in this life. whether you want to be a rapper, an actor, a doctor or a lawyer – whatever the fuck you want to be, you can do that shit. so go out there, put in the work and do that shit. i fucking love y'all. Juice WRLD, until the world blows." (a/n: i looked up "juice wrld last words" on the internet, can someone confirm if this is real? i would like to know :)❤)

someone next to you was sobbing. you were tearing up. Ellie was joining the rest of the crowd, cheering and saying "awww".

just as he was about to leave the stage, he shouted: "I love y'all from the bottom of my f**king heart!"

you shouted. "we love you too, J!"

-------- after the concert

you and Ellie stepped out of the building. 

"wasn't that amazing?" Ellie asked, with a big smile on her face.

you looked through the pictures and videos you took on your phone. "hella. i love the performance so much. thank you, El. without you this never would've happened."

she hugged you from the side. "don't mention it."

"y/n!" you heard someone call. you look back and found Charlton.

"oh, hey. whats up?" 

"uh, nothing. i, uh, just wanted to say that, uh.. y-you look good."

you chuckled. "thanks mate. you don't look bad yourself. by the way, your performance? super cool."

you saw him blush. "thanks. uh, when are you going back to New York?"

"day after tomorrow. why?"

"wanna hang out tomorrow?"

----

in all honesty idk what im writing, i feel mentally exhausted. only one day into 2k21 and im already hating the year. happy new year to y'all i guess <3

(word count:907)