02

ⓕⓐⓣⓔ ⓔⓧⓘⓢⓣⓢ

ⓕⓐⓣⓔ ⓔⓧⓘⓢⓣⓢ

"Dea, my heart is beating really fast." Denki chocked on his food once her hand clasped his shoulder roughly and his hands quickly shot outward for a glass of water but Diana was unaware of that. Her other hand rested on top of her chest and she was feeling weird. Like really weird. There was something stopped her heart from beating for a second–like someone had surprised her really good but it was more bizarre than that. As if she was experiencing a life-threatening moment, just as people said, one already died when they were falling from a high peak.

Denki slapped her hand away, glaring. "Maybe it's because you are a few hours away from your prince. And stop calling me, Dea." He rolled his eyes and Diana pressed her lips together, slowly agreeing with him.

"Perhaps." He spared her a concerned look but Diana just smiled back right at him and Denki shrugged his shoulders to continue savouring his favourite food. Maybe it's just because of her excitement to meet Prince Shoto. Although he was engaged to Princess Liliana, Diana learned the beauty of love–there's no such thing as true love, that it all ended in heartbreak and pain. After all, her love was just a magical daydream and perhaps, the pain earlier was just a mystery of love. One never knew where it will take them. It's an endless loop, never ending and always on the move.

Diana then masked her confused face with a lively smile and her hands were shaking her friend. "Dea! Come on! We are going to be late! Stop eating, my friend! You are going to waste my precious time!" Her voice screamed in his ear purposely and Denki was getting annoyed with his friend, knowing no one can stop her if she was in that mood–and she will pester one to get whatever she wanted until they gave in. Diana Jin had her ways and bullying him was on of the her plans.

The sworn friends were relaxing on her bike and an old man sitting beside them only smiled in amusement at their acts. "What's the hurry, young girl? Will you find your groom there?" His wrinkled face held a knowing smile and Diana blushed at his words, making Denki roll his eyes. The old man laughed and her eyes softened at the sight of it, wondering if she could laugh freely like him too when she got old, especially if she got together with Prince Shoto and Denki noted internally in his head that she's starting to get lost in her dreams by the look of her drooling face.

Denki poked her forehead harshly. "Not a groom, but a God–to whom she will make an offering."

"Taunting tone but the right answer." Diana gave them a sheepish grin and her eyes sparkled like the sea reflecting the sun rays, a very wide smile spread over her beautiful features with sunshine kissed her face, so sweet–a nectar bestowed to the bees by each fragrant bloom and to Denki, it was a symphony of colors, one that brought the happiness to his boned when he saw her smiling so bright. He was delighted to see her happy after all those unfortunate things happened to her. Her foster mother died just a few months earlier yet she still radiated happiness to people around her.