13

I was watching the landscape pass as we were on the train. I had mixed feelings about going back to the Manor for Christmas break. I couldn't wait to see my mom and have some time off from school.

But that was about it.

I was sitting next to Draco and across from Daphne and Blaise. They were talking about their Christmas plans to us, I'd join in but I'm pretty sure my plan's are to sulk in my room while death eaters roam the halls.

"Promise you'll write?" I asked Daphne. I was worried for her this break who knew what her parents were going to try and pull.

"As much as I can" she smiled. "But I'll see you Christmas Eve" her excited look was gazing into my confused one.

"Did Draco not tell you about Christmas Eve?" Blaise chimed in. I shook my head and looked up at Draco.

"Must have slipped my mind" he said with his eyes closed and leaning his head back on the seat.

"The Malfoy's do a small Christmas get together every year with pretty much all the pureblood families. It can be a bit of a bore, but it'll be better now that you're there!" Daphne exclaimed.

"How fun, would have been nice to know though" I looked back at Draco who looked to be fast asleep already. I sighed and continued to look out the window. I felt something lay on my shoulder and turned to see a blonde head resting on me. I smiled softly at the sight.

"I can't get over how good of a match this is.." Blaise smiled at us "Lucius is at the Manor playing match maker" I let out a small giggle. "Seriously maybe I need to ask him to set me up too" he gave us a smirk. "What about you Daphne? Need matching with a Prince Charming?" She looked at me briefly as if she may tell him. But decided against it at the last moment.

"My parents are already on the job" she said a bit jokingly but I didn't miss the sadness behind her voice.

"Let's hope they have the same skills as Lucius does" he pointed back at us.

"Alright enough talk of arranged marriages. I get enough of it every day" I chuckled lightly trying to lighten the mood. I was happy to be talking about anything but that for the rest of the train ride, and I'm sure Daphne felt the same.

As we approached I looked on my shoulder again, Draco was snoring slightly which made me smile.

"Hey, Draco" I said softly shaking him slightly. "We're just about there." He got off my shoulder and rubbed his eyes.

"How long was I out for?" He straightened out his black suit.

"Pretty much the whole ride" I chuckled and he let out a yawn.

We both said our goodbyes to Blaise and Daphne as we got off the train. I scanned the crowd soon after and I saw my mom and Narcissa in the distance. No fathers, thankfully. I ran up and gave my mom a tight squeeze.

"I missed you so much mom. You've been safe right?" I asked pulling away from her. I could read through the smile on her face she wasn't okay.

"I'm fine honey, let's get you back home" she said sweetly. I didn't argue with her, as I wanted to bring it up when we were alone.

I hugged Narcissa briefly as she told me it was good to see me again before we walked away from the crowded area.

We apparated back to the Manor in a moment and I felt nauseous. I couldn't tell if it was from the apparating or from the thought of having to go back into the Manor.

When we walked in Narcissa turned to me as she was taking off her jacket.

"Y/n dear, since our Christmas party is at the end of the week I figured I'd put you in Draco's room so we can have some more guest rooms available"

you don't have enough guest rooms?

"I figured since you two have been living together at school it wouldn't be a big deal." She finished.

"It's no issue Mrs. Malfoy" I said with a sweet smile even though a part of me wished for some alone time.

"Please, call me Narcissa" she put her hand on my shoulder and smiled back at me.

"Y/n, good to see you again" an all too familiar voice called. I turned to look at him.

"Father" I said without emotion. I stared at his face for a moment. Just looking at him made me angry "Let's go upstairs and unpack" I muttered to Draco, turning my gaze to him instead. He just nodded, taking our trunks and bringing them upstairs to his room with him as I followed. "Dinner is in an hour, don't be late!" Narcissa yelled after us.

We walked into a room twice the size of the one I stayed in over the summer. It was decorated with green and black fixings. He even had a fireplace in his room with a few small chairs. I looked around in awe before walking to one of the chairs to sit down. I started shifting on it slightly.

"What are you doing?" I turned to look at him.

"I'm testing my new bed" I gave him a smirk but he rolled his eyes.

"You're a pain y/n" he said with a smirk. He put our trunks down and unpacked them with a swish of his wand.

"Aren't we not supposed to use magic outside of school?" I asked standing from the chair.

"The ministry was overtaken by death eaters" he said with a straight face. "You think they're going to care" I rolled my eyes and hopped on the real bed. There was a knock on the door before Narcissa popped her head in.

"I forgot to mention, y/n. We have a bit of a... convention with the clothes we wear. I put some things in the closet for you to try." I thanked her and she left as soon as she came.

"A dress code?" I asked. Draco chuckled and shrugged. I walked to the closet to see multiple black dresses hanging. "Black" I muttered to myself as it really did make sense. Recalling how little color I see in this place.

Explains why Draco's always in that attractive black suit.

"You should get dressed, we will be heading to dinner soon" he said looking at my white tank top draped with a cardigan and jeans.

"Right.. not fitting protocol" I said sarcastically grabbing a random dress and looking around. Draco pointed at the door in the back corner.

"Bathrooms that way"

"Thanks." I ran over and closed the door. Squeezing into my skin tight black dress, I think I need to wear something else. I looked at the squared neck, long sleeved dress that went down to just below my knees with a slit on one side.

It looked really good. But I can't breathe.

I came out of the bathroom and walked to the closet looking for a less restrictive dress when Draco chimed in.

"What are you doing now?"

"Looking for a different dress" I could feel his eyes on me. When I turned I could see he was looking me up and down slowly. A small smirk coming to his face.

"I like that one" he said softly, making my heart flutter. "Plus you don't have time to change anyways" he said looking at his watch, very briefly before putting his eyes back on me.

"Fine" I huffed. I clipped back my hair and freshened my makeup. I put on some black heels left by the door for me, probably by Narcissa.

I felt Draco's gaze on me the whole time, so when I was about to open the door to leave I turned and looked up at him.

"You'll have forever to look at me love, don't have to do it all in one night" I pat his warming cheek and gave him a smile before leaving the room.

I took a seat next to my mom and across from Draco. Just like the first time I sat at this table. Narcissa asked us how school was going, and we answered briefly before there was a silence. All you could here was clinking of silverware against plates.

"I have some rather important news to share." Lucius blurted out. "The Dark Lord will be coming tomorrow" he turned to look at me. "And he has requested to meet you, y/n"