Chapter 4

"So how did y'all learn to control your abilities?" I asked them as we already arrived at their hideout. 

"Doesn't matter how. So don't worry about it." I heard Miguel smart off.

I wanted to get an attitude back with him. But I restrained myself, knowing that It wouldn't do me any good. I couldn't lose my cool just because he doesn't like or trust me right now. 

"I'll tell you." I heard someone step forward behind a gathering of boxes that were in the abandoned warehouse that acted as our hideout. 

"You must be Christopher right? I'm Jason."

"Yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you, Jason."

I looked at Christopher. I noticed he was part Asian or Japanese. He had a faint accent that gave it away and also seemed to be a bit younger than the rest of us.

Christopher also had brown eyes, slick black short hair, and was about the same height that I was. He seemed to have a good physique and rather built well for someone with not a lot of muscles.  After I glanced at him, he went to shake my hand and went on to talk to me. 

"Anyways. Miguel and Jasmine learned to use their powers from our dead mentor." 

"Dead mentor?" I replied confused.

I was just confused about how he died. Guess it was more me being curious and a bit less confused. After I replied, Jasmine came over to us and scratched her head. 

"He's not dead, Christopher. He's just Mia. Which is why we are going to find him." 

"With that aside. Yeah, we had a mentor. He's a good man who offered us guidance and taught us how to use our abilities." 

"If you plan on finding him? Maybe I can help you. But there is something I'd want help with in exchange."

It seemed kinda fair when I thought about it. I help them find their mentor, wherever he might be, and in exchange, they help me decrypt this message on my phone. It would be a win-win, and then if Miguel still doesn't trust me we can go our separate ways afterward. 

As I brought this up. I pulled out my phone to show them the decrypted message. I then showed them the encrypted message and the map along with the passkey at the bottom of the screen. 

"That's interesting. When did you receive this message exactly?" Christopher asked. 

"It was shortly before Jasmine and Miguel saved me. I don't know who could've sent it though." 

I handed my phone over to Christopher. Letting him take a closer look at it, so maybe he could figure it out. As I handed it over, Miguel looked at it and started to smart off like he's been doing. 

"Be careful. His phone might be bugged." 

"Chill Miguel. I know what I am doing. I am the smartest out of us after all."

"Ha. Nice burn Christopher." I applaud Christopher as he just dissed Miguel.

I laughed a bit as well. Thinking that it was funny, and also believing that he did kinda deserve that diss. Seeing how he's had an attitude with me ever since saving my butt. 

Miguel looked at me; however, as he saw me laugh. Giving me a brief glare, and then turning back to look at my phone. I did the same, wanting to keep up with what Christopher was doing. 

"So do you think you can decrypt the message?" 

"Well yeah. Hopefully. But first, it looks like we got to follow the points on the map to figure out where it will lead us. I think it might be a clue to figuring out the passkey for it."